Quote Originally Posted by Candocad View Post
Big 'distributor' buys the company, and jacks the price ! Nice business move, thankfully I bought 2 before the 'buy out'.

Good 'ol AGS.

Chris.

AGS have not bought the company, they have bought THAT particular product range. Apart from the price, everything else will be the same. Because AGS is able to, it has upgraded the warranty to 'lifetime' as standard. IIRC this was possible with Falcon anyway, but there was some additional cost. Another benefit of the AGS takeover is that many more retailers will have the benefit of their distribution chain. Meaning, better availability.

As far as the price is concerned, the Falcon scopes were always underpriced compared to their competition. Falcon knew this, AGS knew this, and many of the users who looked through both, knew this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveC200 View Post
I hope the AGS buyout wont affect the quality of the Falcon. Must admit I dont know much about AGS and if they are good quality or not.

So with the £60 increase I presume that means the price difference between Nikko and Falcon is now only £40? A pity as that makes the decision even harder. Or does it?
I don't think AGS will be including the 10-40x56 in their range, as they already have products that fill that slot. [8-32 mag.]