Thread: BSA Meteor Wanted

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

BSA Meteor Wanted

Well this worked a month ago in finding me a Mercury "S" in .177 and again a fortnight ago in finding me an Airsporter "S" in .22 (got me two actually ), so thought I'd try again. Am ideally looking for a MkIII BSA Super Meteor .177. The Super Meteors were the ones with the vented recoil pads (standard Meteors at the time had plain wood butts). The MkIII was produced between 1969 and 1973 (or there abouts). The MkIII was also the last of the Meteors to have a tapered stock with a rounded front end before the squarer stocked MkIV came along to replace it in 1974 (the MkIV was also available in a Super Meteor option). As condition is the all important thing for me here however, a good condition MkII, MkIV, or MkV .177 or .22 may also be considered (Standard or Super) if the price is right. But as stated, it is a Super Meteor MkIII .177 I'm most interested in, as that is the one I had as a lad (God isn't nostalgia expensive ). Anybody able to help? ATB: Gareth W-B.

ps. Nostalgia -- as mentioned -- ain't like it used to be ... (GW-B).
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 08-03-2007 at 04:24 PM. Reason: to high-light the other Meteor models I may consider.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat.. View Post
    Ive got a really good MK 3 (I think.....) a real sleeper, I just put a new breech seal in it and cleaned out the dusty oil........it sat in a cupboard for 30odd years unused - back in the days when you could get an air rifle from your Mum's catalogue!

meteor

scope

mail me if you are interested......

My goodness, Yep that is a MkIII Meteor (standard not Super however). Pat, YHPM (or at leat you will do in a moment ): Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    My goodness, Yep that is a MkIII Meteor (standard not Super however). Pat, YHPM (or at leat you will do in a moment ): Gareth W-B.
    Gotta hand it to you Gareth, you seem to ferret out some right gems bud.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Gotta hand it to you Gareth, you seem to ferret out some right gems bud.
    Cheers Garvin, but it looks like Good Guy Pat.. is going to hang on to his MkIII for a while longer yet (and who can blame him ), so the fat lady is still singin' and I'm still lookin' .

Thanks to Good Guy FallOutBoy and the MkII Meteor combo he has just sold me, I'm no longer looking . Cheers Chaps: Gareth W-B.