Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quietest silencer?

Exactly how long is the logun silencer? shorter is always useful for hide/wood/undergrowth shooting... The HW is 197mm....
    NO LONGER My s410

Wink can it fit a theoben

can the silencer fit a theoben barrel by just pushing it over the barrel?
    also has anybody tried it at fac levels how good was it ,also says on the logun web site in can be used on FAC rifles and also when proofed rimfire,how long are they?
    cheers paul

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by paulliver View Post
    can the silencer fit a theoben barrel by just pushing it over the barrel?
    also has anybody tried it at fac levels how good was it ,also says on the logun web site in can be used on FAC rifles and also when proofed rimfire,how long are they?
    cheers paul

You know I've asked this question several times and no-ones come back to reply so thats telling me they'er not up to fac power levels where as the HW makes my FAC Hornet at 34ftlb quieter then a ants fart.

And no pulli you cant slip these down the barrel they'er 1/2in unf so you'd need an adaptor or screw-cut the barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
    You know I've asked this question several times and no-ones come back to reply so thats telling me they'er not up to fac power levels where as the HW makes my FAC Hornet at 34ftlb quieter then a ants fart.

And no pulli you cant slip these down the barrel they'er 1/2in unf so you'd need an adaptor or screw-cut the barrel.
    are you sure they dont fix onto the barrel
    check out the web site
    http://www.bedfordcountrypursuits.co...categoryID=192
    as you see, you can select which gun the silencer is to fit????
    the older logun silencer is more expensive than the new one?????
    cheers paul

are you sure they dont fix onto the barrel
    check out the web site
    http://www.bedfordcountrypursuits.co...categoryID=192
    as you see, you can select which gun the silencer is to fit????
    the older logun silencer is more expensive than the new one?????
    cheers paul

Pulli you can fit a logun silencer yes but the one I'am on about is this new one called QGS which only comes in 1/2ins unf,now this is the silencer I want to know do they work in fac format?Cause lots of silencers work in sub 12's but in FAC its a diffrent story.

Quote Originally Posted by verminhunter View Post
    Pulli you can fit a logun silencer yes but the one I'am on about is this new one called QGS which only comes in 1/2ins unf,now this is the silencer I want to know do they work in fac format?Cause lots of silencers work in sub 12's but in FAC its a diffrent story.
    yes im also talking about the QGS silencer,when you click on purchase, it gives you three options,
    normal 1/2 unf
    rapid 7
    and air arms s400/410
    when you click on rapid 7 the price goes to £48
    ??????????
    check it out
    paul

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The Ratcatcher View Post
    I have recently bought the new Logun QGS silencer and must say it is the quietest silencer I have used. I tried it compared to my Weihrauch silencer and it was even quieter than that. I then tried it on my Air Wolf, Verminator and BSA Ultra and it was still the quietest. Well done Logun!!Worth every penny and recommended.
    yup, this is probably the quietest silencer on the market, a bit more robust than the hw silencer and about 1db quieter (apparently), the dogs!

sniper22 Guest
    im not so sure the logun silly name is quieter but itsa different sound, slightly duller than the airstream 3 or weihrauch.
    at 30 yards i dont supposed bunykins will notice the results til his lights go out

Quote Originally Posted by gary909 View Post
    Hi All

If so if you are not hunting and are just shooting at targets what is the point of a silencer?

Gary

Remember your a womble
    BALANCE,I have a custom air stripper for my 400 but it feels to front end light , a silencer with adaptor just right

the logun takes a bit of beating!!!!

i would have to agree with sniper22 i have both
    QGS silencer
    and hw
    i dont think that the QGS is quiter than the hw it is just a different tone that you get

v
    I appreciate anything you can do
    PAUL
    All that's needed for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing

Arrow

Verminhunter is asking the question I am interested in-how does this work at FAC levels? He is absolutely right-as usual-that a lot of silencers which are excellent at legal limit just don't work on FAC rifles and definitely don't work well above 30 ft lb. Most are OK up to 30 ft lb but at 40 ft lb the only ones that I have tried that seem to work are the Rob Lane and the AWT.. A proper evaluation of this Logun against the HW/RL/AWT would be very helpful.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

yes im also talking about the QGS silencer,when you click on purchase, it gives you three options,
    normal 1/2 unf
    rapid 7
    and air arms s400/410
    when you click on rapid 7 the price goes to £48
    ??????????
    check it out
    paul

When I phoned them to ask do they do one for the rapid range he said no and second its not being tested as yet on fac model's how they have the r7 one on show beats the brains out of me

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    Verminhunter is asking the question I am interested in-how does this work at FAC levels? He is absolutely right-as usual-that a lot of silencers which are excellent at legal limit just don't work on FAC rifles and definitely don't work well above 30 ft lb. Most are OK up to 30 ft lb but at 40 ft lb the only ones that I have tried that seem to work are the Rob Lane and the AWT.. A proper evaluation of this Logun against the HW/RL/AWT would be very helpful.

Also the uk neil internals are the bees knees in high power stuff too,I've got one on me 34ftlb rapid also the bsa hornet running at 34ftlb ,I have not heard a quieter fac rifle then the hornet and I will put money on that,bring any 34ftlb side by side and we'll see and the hw silencer is capable of serious power any time of the day,remember the hornet first came out at 45ftlb!and the hw held its ground very well.

Yes there are alot of claims this ones the mutts nutts aw this ones great or I've got the quietest rifle,from what Ive gone through in FAC levels only a handfull make it to the top,the rest just sound like a shotti going off.I wont mention any names but afew that are good makers of silencers when put on a fac rifle sound like a bomb has gone off

Thumbs up tried most

Jim EDGE seriously silent