Thread: Magazine collection.

Question Magazine collection.

Can anyone tell me what my magazine collection might be worth?
    Air Gun World, starting from the 1st edition 1977, all mags in as new condition,stored in AGW binders. 25 binders=(25years) in total, incl annuals (buyers guides) and freebies (target + stickers).
    As above, Airgunner mags = 18 binders= (18 years),over 500 mags in total, all in as new condition.
    Last edited by Scottyboy; 23-03-2007 at 11:27 AM.

I know it's not easy to estimate, but how much would you pay for the collection if you were interested?
    I spoke to a guy recently who was asking £1.25 per mag for his collection.
    I think that's OTT myself.

Unless they are really rare or somehow special most magazines regardless are not worth much - heavy to post too when you add them up. Perhaps 20p per issue?
    Max; looking for: Baikal IZH 61 side lever rifle

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I recently sold a set of motorcycle magazines in binders from issue No.1 to No.60 from the 1980s that I had been advertising for £50.00 all-in inc. post to an avid collector. Astonishingly he only offered 50p per magazine and £1.00 per binder which worked out at £42.00 . But he did also say he'd pay the post, so as I was moving house and wanted them gone, begrudgingly I took the deal. That was when I realised his offer was in fact a good one! He sent me an extra £20.00 on top to cover the post saying I could keep the change. Result I thought until I went to the post office. To send all 60 mags and binders standard parcel post (the cheapest option) with insurance up to and including £100 (which cost an extra £1.00) cost £19.79 . Naturally I invested the staggering 21p left over and am now a name at Lloyds (not ). The point I'm trying to make is ensure if you sell them it is either face-2-face, plus post, or take all your magazines to a sorting office, have them all weighed, get an insured post price quote, sort out an all-in price for the lot inc. post based on this and get them advertised. Right, thats my bit, time for a brew ... Lend us a mag to read while I drink it . ATB: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Pen Guest

Mag's

Try it on a well know auction site.
    pen.

I have seen issue one of A.G.W. (Aug '77) sell for £20.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

to be honest in my opinion - worth a fortune . must be one of the best airgun mag collections in the uk - value - what ever you can get - breaking it up £1 copy maybe - but together to the right person......£500 - £1000???? or keep it and watch it go up in value
    Just my opinion
    Stu
    Ex- Field airgun fella @ www.hprpc.co.uk

Cheers chaps for your opinions. I'm not planning to sell, as these mags are rich source of information.
    I might send Gareth WB issue one to read with his cuppa tea, or maybe not

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyboy View Post
    Cheers chaps for your opinions. I'm not planning to sell, as these mags are rich source of information.
    I might send Gareth WB issue one to read with his cuppa tea, or maybe not
    ... I'll put the kettle on and warm the pot then. Fancy a brew anyone? Its Yorkshire's finest ... .

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.