Thread: What Was The Webley Equivalent?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

What Was The Webley Equivalent?

Hi all, I have just added a very good original condition 1950s BSA Cadet and BSA Cadet Major to my gun collection, and have today got to wondering what was the Webley equivalent at that time? I already have a wonderful walnut Webley MkIII, and renovated Falcon if it was either of them (although my examples are from the 1960s), but if it was something else, a model I have yet to learn about, I would love to know please . ATB: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Jaguar, maybe?

Hi Gareth, at the time (late 50's/ early 60's) it probably been the mark 3 (which started production in 1949 or the Ranger (1957).

Well, at least according to this.

Webley Junior Air Rifle - Which later became the Webley Ranger Air rifle - Which later became the Webley Jaguar Air rifle.

All the same airgun really just different dates

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Jaguar, maybe?
    Hmmmm. Thanks for the lead but I think not ... According to this, the Jaguar came after the Falcon, and as the Falcon didn't go into production until 1962, doubt very much that it was a Jaguar.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    Hi Gareth, at the time (late 50's/ early 60's) it probably been the mark 3 (which started production in 1949 or the Ranger (1957).
    Cheers Steve, if it was only the MkIII my collection has that covered, but if the Webley Ranger was produced right up until the Falcon came along, it could be one of them! Has anyone got a picture of a Ranger they could post here please? Any more thoughts anyone ?

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Webley Junior Air Rifle - Which later became the Webley Ranger Air rifle - Which later became the Webley Jaguar Air rifle.

All the same airgun really just different dates
    Ahhh Hi Lakey, good guy kevin.ronnie and I were talking about you last night when he popped round (all good things said I hasten to ad ), and what you have said here has caused my grey matter to kick-in, and now it all seems in focus. Yes, the Junior rifle then the Ranger. Cheers matey but before I move on and leave this thread to drift, any more for any more? ATB: Gareth W-B.

Hi Gareth
    Thanks for the advise regarding my Vulcan Mk 1
    There is a Webley ranger here:
    http://leisure.uk.freeads.net/Webley...481.htm#images
    If you are interested?
    Time passes... You are in a hole. Exits are UP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Ahhh Hi Lakey, good guy kevin.ronnie and I were talking about you last night when he popped round (all good things said I hasten to ad ), and what you have said here has caused my grey matter to kick-in, and now it all seems in focus. Yes, the Junior rifle then the Ranger. Cheers matey but before I move on and leave this thread to drift, any more for any more? ATB: Gareth W-B.
    Nice to know I'm appreciated

No Seriously, If you can get a good Webley "kids Rifle" any one of them, they make a really interesting addition to any collection.

I picked up a good Webley Jaguar recently with a great perid scope on (the sort with the adjustment built into the mounts. Superb little gun and the sort of thing that would have made some lad really happy on his birthday or for christmas.

One final word from me Kevin-ronnie - One of the good guys and a pleasure to do business with

Quote Originally Posted by SpLint View Post
    Hi Gareth
    Thanks for the advise regarding my Vulcan Mk 1 There is a Webley ranger here: http://leisure.uk.freeads.net/Webley...481.htm#images if you are interested?
    ... and thank you matey -- these pics are great and just the reference source I needed (cheers ). Do hope your Vulcan sells soon ... ... otherwise as mine is a MkIII and yours a MkI, I may weaken ...

Nice to know I'm appreciated No Seriously, If you can get a good Webley "kids Rifle" any one of them, they make a really interesting addition to any collection. I picked up a good Webley Jaguar recently with a great perid scope on (the sort with the adjustment built into the mounts. Superb little gun and the sort of thing that would have made some lad really happy on his birthday or for christmas. One final word from me ... Kevin-ronnie -- one of the good guys and a pleasure to do business with.
    ... also thanks to you. Am due to speak with our Kev in the next few days anyway, so will see what he has got . ATB: Gareth W-B.

Gareth, You have probably seen it but jyoung has a Jaguar up for sale at 50 quid. Good price for a great piece of history

Gareth, You have probably seen it but jyoung has a Jaguar up for sale at 50 quid. Good price for a great piece of history
    ... Cheers Lakey but it was just the info I was after really, which is probably just as well because ...

Quote Originally Posted by jyoung View Post
    WEBLEY JAGUAR .177 break barrel retro plinker with unbelievably, a fitted scope rail @ £50. SOLD PENDING