Thread: Help With Webley Falcon Srl No.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

Help With Webley Falcon Srl No.

Hopefully one of the 'Webley Faithful' will be able to help me with this. I recently bought a 1960s Webley Falcon from gedfinn 2 (cheers for the smooth deal my friend) and as I can't see me selling it any time soon, I sent it off to DM80 for a full re-blue -- the end result of which is absolutely fantastic . Anyway, although I've had it back from Dave (DM80) for weeks, I have only just got around to looking for its serial number to enter in my log book to validate my home contents insurance . I found the serial number quite quickly. It was situated on the under side of the breech block, but when compared to the numbers on my other seventeen rifles, it does seem short in as much as it only has three characters -- namely two nines and a six or two sixes and a nine (depending on which way up you look at it) . So to the point of this thread: does this number seem too short to you? Or have I read the wrong number ? Thoughts and help please guys: Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 25-03-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: coz I can ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Gareth-B, I have another with carbine barrel ! Its number is 969, "Dennis Hillers" book show,s one and a 3 digit Mumber < Cheers glad you like it, ( You want 4, Mk 111,s do you ) Ha ha, cheers,

Thumbs up

Got The Falcon Action Only No4272.

At Some Time In Life Some One Has Fired It Barrel Down, So Barrel Cocked Slightly Up.

Stock Missing But Action Complete With Most Blueing Still Good And All Sights Intact Even Iff The Front Sight Is Facing The Wrong Way. John
    snarepeg.

PM,d you mate,

Back In Your Court Ged. John
    snarepeg.

Replied mate, & I will buy both or All ! Cheers,

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by gedfinn 2 View Post
    Hi Gareth, I have another with carbine barrel! Its number is 969.
    ... But that is exactly the same serial number as mine (or is mine 696?) ... ... Anyone any ideas?
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 25-03-2007 at 07:33 PM. Reason: coz I still can ...

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Hi Gareth, You said two nines & a Six OR two sixes & a Nine, !!! That can never make 969 ? Ha ha, cheers,