Thread: webley premier

jonballs is offline born to shoot, shoot to hunt, hunt to eat

webley premier

i`ve got a webley premier thats in good condition
    some of the white paint is missing from the stamping on the left hand side and theres a row of rust pits along the right hand side ( not bad though ) where it`s been in the box

it has the numbers 134 on the end plate and a .177 barrel, it has the letter A on the left hand side of the trigger housings

the box is the green , white , and black one with a piece of the paper name sticker missing through the webley bit
    the corners of the bottom box have at some time been taped

on the inside of the box is the instruction sheet for the premier thats been applied over the instruction sheet for a senior
    also in the box is a piece of "nox-rust vapour wrapper" and a price list of component parts for air pistols booklet.

both the booklet and the box have the " Park lane, handworth, Birmingham 21 " address

i also have an orange tin of ".22 special pellets " unused and in very good condition with one or two light scratches on the tin also in the tin is a gift voucher, included in each tin of pellets and if you sent" 4 of these vouchers and 2/- you would obtain a handsome crome plated and enamel webley marksman badge " ( i`ve not seen one be for )

i would like to know the age of each and the value and any other information please as i cant find much about the A letter in hiller's book

many thanks
    Jon
    jon barber

touch wood i`ve never had a bad sale on the bbs

The 'A' premier was first issued in 1964 and yours would appear to be an early example, although the number stamped on the pistol is a batch number not a serial number, but having said that, I haven't found anyone who has seen two batch numbers the same,
    If you carefully remove the left grip, you may find a date code stamped in the frame.
    The box sounds unusual, as someone has accidentally fixed a Senior list to the lid and then corrected their mistake with the Premier list. Both Pistols used similar boxes at the time so I can see how the mistake could have happened.
    The tin of pellets probably dates from the same period if it has the 'Birmingham' only address.
    To get a current valuation, give 'Pat' a PM or email, as he is in the market place far more than I am.

jonballs is offline born to shoot, shoot to hunt, hunt to eat
    many thanks for your help

jon
    jon barber

touch wood i`ve never had a bad sale on the bbs