Thread: BSA Buccanneer Help!

BSA Buccanneer Help!

Having trouble getting the triger and safety system working correctly. The safety has a outside spring that has a home in one pin but where does the other end go? I can get the action to release when set in a vice but not ever time and not when put back in the stock.

So please, I need some picture. I have Chambers but they are good for parts but too vague for setting up. Any help would be very welcome. I've read the posts but what I deed is some pictures.

Many thanks.

The other end of the spring has a pair of kinks in it that bear against a little pin so that the safety catch lever clicks past the little bump from one position to the other.

If I get time later I'll post a picture of a BSA Scorpion, same trigger mechanism, that should make it a bit clearer!

Thumbs up Yippee!!

Have it working!!! Thank you for the spring tip. The washer for the safety, Chambers 3306, is important, or shorten the fixing screw! Otherwise, it is too long and gets in the way of the safety working correctly.

Early days but it fires. Quite powerful but then I've molied and tarred all the innards to death. Maybe a full polished tune if it behaves although its quite a rough one so its for shooting. Have a BSA reflex sight for it; will fix over the weekend if the sun comes out.

There is a new book on stripping older springers. Is it worth the £16-18? Too many articles on stripping just do not have good enough pictures Its the pictures we want to see.

Many thanks again.

Presume you are referring to 'Air Rifle & Air Pistol Maintenance & Repair' by 'Q.Cobham', available on Eb@y.
    It is a useful book with loads of illustrations, but nothing on the BSA Scorpion/Buccaneer unfortunately.
    It does cover the BSA Airsporter Mk.1, Cadet & Major, Lightning, Meteor Mk.1 & Super and Model 'L'.