Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BSA Lightning XL Tactical

what are these like tuned ie venom or other .

anyone tuned one with good results

I tuned (fited a POK mainspring and let some good fitting guides made, polished some) my own it is remarkable quieter. although it is quieter you still here the action slaming to the front, a V-mach powr pulse piston seal would make it more quiet. fitting some baffles in the silencer (with tight holes) would also reduce some.
    on every action comes a reaction

just been out with mine again today, really likes RWS superpoints and the old webley husellers also accupell and powerpell hope this helps

Thanks steve
    great deals with the following:
    Wild_dog man, Andrew richards , Traguar, gray24b
    Zobra,Carl,Hotshotharv,Troubledshooter ,Loiner1965Sparko,Ultra Hunter, Malcxxxx

accupell and powerpell suit fine

milbro jets? i wouldnt touch anything with milbro or smk in the name. they may fit well but trust me whack a target up at 30 yards use the above pellets-accupel,powerpel, rws etc then use a smk or milbro you will be shocked how bad the accuracy is, i know i tried it out yesterday with some rubbish smks i got for free.

Thanks steve

Spot On Steve

Quote Originally Posted by wild dogman View Post
    Spot On Steve
    thanks wild dogman

As with the air arms i wouldnt know becasue i have never used them in the BSA but i could garantee them to be better than the SMK or Milbros- with the smk/milbros i could nver seem to hit the same place twice? poorly made keep to the well know brands in good quality pellets, crosman, air arms, BSA, RWS etc. How does everyone find the recoil on them?

Thanks steve

mines only afew months old and the recoil was bad when i first got it, couldnt seem to get on with it at first, then i tried different holdings i find its very hold sensitive. Then i took the stock off and put in some good old moley grease on the spring and worked it in, shooing like a dream now hitting 10p's at 30 yards maybe you should put some grease on your spring just to check it is shooting healthy but dont put to much on/in it becasue it may effect the power of the rifle if drowned in grease.

Thanks steve

panyan Guest
    can someone PLEASE do an idepth review of the bsa comet please?

ask in the other section?

Gas Ram

I have just bought a BSA Lightning XL Tactical, would any gunsmith fit a gas ram to it or is it something you have todo yourself ?

GeordieClio Guest
    Im now the proud owner of a Tactical.. Can't wait to have a decent session with it!

Anyone got a max "kill" range for these? just curious!

That'll mostly depend on YOU mate, not the rifle! But for ány 12Ftp rifle I'd say 35yrds is about the max safe range.
    Hope you like the rifle, let us know.
    ATB,
    yana

GeordieClio Guest
    I've been using an HW97k .22 and at about 40 yards i was pretty accurate, so 35 yards should be alright! Just wondered if it differed!

I will fill in my profile, Been waiting for the courier for my scopes... still no sign of them

sparko is offline One of Tiger Woods' lovers...

Wink

Hello all, a few weeks ago I received my Lightning XL 4.5mm from "john henry 1"..john told me It was low powered before we exchanged contracts,...So this In mind I chronographed,..8.4ft lbs ave with air arms fields 8.5 gns, over a string of 20 shots,..So off to Steve pope for a V-Mach kit, which I fitted last week,...Now I am used to working on Weihrauch rifles In the main, which are relatively easy to dismantle / re-assemble, so lots of swearing and cursing with the scope rail and wedging of the trigger sear when reassembling,...Now I am the kind of person who only reads Instructions when things go wrong, and when the trigger pins started to fall out, was when things had gone too far!...So made a brew and sat down again, read the Instructions and things started to flow,....Reassembled everything and tested,.Now you must remember to have the action In the stock before you fire, with cocking link being 2 piece.It will buckle as the piston returns unless supported close to the cylinder body,...The first thing I notice was how much harder It Is to cock, but cocking and releasing 20 or so times Is a good way to get used to It, Now the action Is so much smoother, and upon firing...the lock time faster,...After 100 or so shots I re-checked the output and It Is showing 11.6 ft lbs,...It Is too early yet to comment on accuracy, but I get the feeling that this gun will be a better shot than me,..I have many rifles to choose from to take out In the field, but this one will be my 1st choice for a long time I`m sure,...Many Thanks to John Henry1 and Steve Pope,...and good luck with your XL`s and Tacticals,,,, The little Beauties,...Sparko...X
    Last edited by sparko; 29-09-2007 at 05:23 PM.