Thread: 1950s Webley Junior L/H Grip Needed

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

1950s Webley Junior L/H Grip Needed

Hi all, have just picked up a nice little early 1950s Junior off wobbly45 (cheers John), and it has a chipped left hand grip (as many now do) bottom right. This is nothing serious, and certainly not a problem as knew it was there when purchased, but if not an arm and a leg, if anyone out there could help me locate an un-chipped grip it would be greatly appreciated. To further help, the grip seems to be made of an almost bakelite material rather than the obvious plastic of my 1970s model. Leave it with you and thanks in anticipation (Gareth).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Gareth,
    if you cant find a grip and its the usual sort of chip its easy to fix with epoxy putty from wilkos/hardware shop, just get the grey stuff and paint it black. it works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicastuff View Post
    Gareth, if you cant find a grip and its the usual sort of chip its easy to fix with epoxy putty from wilkos/hardware shop, just get the grey stuff and paint it black. it works very well.
    ... Sir you are a genius ... If nowt shows up will give it a go . Cheers Bro: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ... Sir you are a genius ... If nowt shows up will give it a go . Cheers Bro: Gareth.
    Thanks Gareth...I went to Boffin School, we wore lab coats
    Last edited by Prewar; 12-10-2007 at 02:41 AM.

Webley junior

Hi Gareth
    I bought a Junior some time ago, and i had owned it for weeks before I noticed a repair in the bottom corner of one of the grips. I am sure it that it must have been repaired as Leicastuff described. It is very hard to spot and worth while doing
    I had intended to look for another grip but as the repair is so good I just have not bothered.

At one of the Arms fairs held at the BMMuseum(near NEC) about 18 months ago, one stall was selling sets of grips for the old Seniors/Mk1's/Juniors for £5 a pair and this guy had quite a few sets to sell.
    I really wish I had bought a few sets, as they are becoming more difficult to obtain. On the Seniors and Premiers that I shoot at the club, I have put the original grips away for safe keeping and I have fitted walnut grips
    ATBest
    John
    hold me back !!

Thanks Scott & John, off to B&Q first thing tomorrow morning to hunt down a tube/pot/tub of epoxy putty . Cheers chaps : Gareth.

At Wilko's they do a small pack of five lumps of epoxy putty, that might be more economical than buying a big tube or tub. I had a tube of this stuff and it went funny and lumpy before I could finish it, the shelf life of that stuff is only a year, or was when I last bought some.

They had some epoxt putty at my local 'pound shop' recently too, might be worth a look!

Webley junior grip

I have just the grip you are looking for, off the early junior made of bakelite.It could do with a clean but has no cracks or chips.
    How does £5.00 sound posted.Cheers Simon

Quote Originally Posted by simon osborne View Post
    I have just the grip you are looking for, off the early junior made of bakelite.It could do with a clean but has no cracks or chips.
    How does £5.00 sound posted. Cheers Simon
    ... Hi Simon, that sounds most fair, thank you. YHPM (or at least you will do in a moment ). Atvb: Gareth.

Quote Originally Posted by simon osborne View Post
    How does £5.00 sound posted.Cheers Simon
    ... Hi Simon, can't thank you enough matey. It arrived this morning and is perfect so cheers . Atvb: Gareth.