Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wonky donky -- Top Collector To Deal With.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    You don't really mean IMPUNITY do you Gareth?
    Hi Nick, I certainly did as ... anyone thinking of ever dealing with dave may do so with complete impunity ... based on:

Impunity: n. exemption from punishment or injurious consequences (O.E.D.).

becomes ... of ever dealing with dave may do so with complete exemption from punishment or injurious consequences

A little long winded in its literal translation however, but makes perfect sense . Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine, and thanks for the deals this year, and long may we continue to deal between each other with complete impunity (Gareth).

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post

Hi Nick, I certainly did as ... anyone thinking of ever dealing with dave may do so with complete impunity ... based on:

Impunity: n. exemption from punishment or injurious consequences (O.E.D.).

becomes ... of ever dealing with dave may do so with complete exemption from punishment or injurious consequences

A little long winded in its literal translation however, but makes perfect sense . Merry Christmas to you and yours from me and mine, and thanks for the deals this year, and long may we continue to deal between each other with complete impunity (Gareth).
    And to you and yours too my friend! I still think that 'confidence' is a better way of describing how you feel dealing with him.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    And to you and yours too my friend! I still think that 'confidence' is a better way of describing how you feel dealing with him.
    Ha ha! I know matey, it’s just so very nice to have light hearted banter with someone about linguistics . Truly, I wish you a lovely festive time . Atvb: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.