Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Holts - how quick?

Holts

Hope this helps.

All lots can be seen at the viewing days; caveat emptor (buyer beware) the airguns in the sales are often in need of TLC in some form. The Airpsorter S was a good buy btw; walnut stock and chequering if I remember correctly. You need to register to view as viewing is held at a military building. 'If your name's not down you aint getting in'.

Sealed bids can be made by post, email and fax using Holt's sealed bid form.
    See website at
    http://www.holtandcompany.co.uk/
    They must arrive before 0900hrs of the day of the sealed bid auction.
    Some rarer/more valuable items can be found in the main sale.
    COSTS
    The hammer price is the price you put on your form, the top price you are prepared to bid.
    The commission is 20% of this (on the high side btw) on top.
    Then you pay 17.5% VAT on the commission price.
    Put in easy terms, every £10 you bid is £12.35 actual price. So if you buy for a hammer price of £100, you'll pay £20 commission, then £3.50 VAT on the commission giving you....£123.50. Hey I make that 23.5% on top...voila..
    If you want to pick up in person (PUIP) then a drive to Norfolk is on the cards, postage starts at about £20 then basically £6 per rifle approx.

I've bought from Holts a few times; shotguns, accessories, air rifles and pistols and cannot emphasise enough how important a viewing is.

Good luck.
    OMS Raider
    "Don't knock; drive through the front door, and keep firing!"

Thanks for telling me about my Airsporter S!
    It was a rash move bidding unseen, but I like a gamble from time to time....
    Hope the Mk6 Airsporter is worth the £50 too.....
    Frankly the cost of transport to view does make it pretty expensive, so that's the reason I bought sight unseen. Can't wait to pick it up