Thread: webley hurricane price

mechanic 22 Guest

webley hurricane price

ive got a webley hurricane its boxed only fired about 100 shots. can one of you guys tell me what sort of price i should ask if i sell it.
    regards darren

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Around £100 I reckon if the pistol is not scratched. Does it still have the tin of pellets and leaflets?

mechanic 22 Guest
    its got leaflets but no pellets didnt have any when i bought it. just gun plastic adapter for scope allen key guarantee instructions and a shoot safe leaflet.

tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...
    Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Around £100 I reckon if the pistol is not scratched. Does it still have the tin of pellets and leaflets?
    Hi mate, just out of interest do you know what pellets the pistol would have came with?
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!

Quote Originally Posted by canman View Post
    i bought one just as you say,, brand new , leaflets and allen key with a scope rail and in a brown card box and also a tempest just the same without the scope rail obviously, neither had pellets with them so i believe the last ones to be made were sold without
    regards

on the basis of that i would agree with ogilkes its worth £100 + post, its about as new as your likely to find these days @ 100 shots, there are plenty of used ones for £80 so they make yours look a bargain

This is true, the early Huricanes and Tempests were packed with a tin of pellets in the 'presentation' box format (I've got a Tempest like this). Later on they took the tin out I believe to save money on packaging. If the trigger blade is nice and wide its a late model, if narrow early.

mechanic 22 Guest
    the trigger is about 4mm wide if you can tell by that. also the box has a square cut out for what could pos be a pellet catcher

mechanic 22 Guest
    yes the polystyrene insert has a square cutout its aprox 110mm square

[
    well well
    you have opened my eyes to something there
    the tempest has a trigger approx 10mm wide and the hurricane has one approx 6mm wide {how have i ever not noticed?
    both are in brown card boxes with polystyrene inserts, allen key apiece and paperwork and the hurricane has a scoperamp
    so are you saying the hurricane is early and the tempest a late model?
    canny[/QUOTE]

Yes the trigger width changes with time. Narrow width are early triggers, later are wide, there is some sort of in between moment as well see GAreths comments on this thread:
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...rricane+gareth

mechanic 22 Guest
    didnt know there were so many models. you learn something every day

Hurricane

If you are selling , can I have 1st refusal please, if its about £100 PLUS POST I'll take it many thanks Roll

mechanic 22 Guest
    if i decide to sell it i will contact you
    darren