Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: zos scopes

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    Chuck,
    Isn't the TX200 SR a Semi-recoiless rifle? Pretty much the same as a Feinwerkbau 300? In other words, hardly any recoil?

Nige,
    I'm not recommending Zos scopes in any way with this but I believe you are wrong about the SR. The shooter may experience little recoil due to the sledge but the scope certainly does. They are notoriously hard on scopes.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

Born Again Guest
    I have a ZOS 3-9x50, it's been on a TX200 and an Airsporter, no problems so far, not bad for the price.

Sorry dont want to high this thread but can you anawer the following.

Heres the link to there web http://zos.en.alibaba.com/ See if you can recognise any of their scopes
    Zos makes them others put there name on. Fox. Rex. Richter. Besondor. JSR Tasco and a few I have forgot. They can be reparrellaxed down to 10yds in about 10mins.

I have a Richter optik 8-32X50E SF which does not focus down to 10 yards. How do i adjust the parrell down to 10 yards and if i do what effect will it have on my current dialling in settings?

Nige, The TX200SR action moves, rifle feels recoilless

Nige,

The TX200SR and FWB300 are spring guns, there IS recoil. All spring guns have recoil. Think about it for a minute...

The shooter doesn't feel the recoil because both actions run on rails. Post on the main forum is you don't believe me.

These 2 AGs are tough on scopes (also the RWS 54). Again, if you don't believe me post on the main forum for a experts opinion. Or use the search feature and you'll read others with this issue.

My ZOS is going strong on my SR. I've done 2 mods to the scope and I can focus from 9 - 70 yds and rangefind from 40-55 yards.

zos

I bought a ZOS 10-40 x 50 with illuminated mill dot reticule from JSR in 2005. Had just bought a Walther LG300 Alutec to go FT shooting & thought this scope would be just the ticket. The combo weighed in at over 15lbs with the full length air cylinder. Too much for me to take standing shots, particularly as it was as long as I am tall!

It came with a large sidewheel, sunshade, mounts & flip-up caps. A total bargain, particularly as I was looking at over three times the money for the nearest equivalent alternative.

I've swapped the Walther for a Ripley and this scope has worked faultlessly on both. I know there's not much recoil on either gun but then, not everyone shoots springers.

My only problems have been the min focusing distance and the sidewheel. Mine focuses down to about 25m. At 20m I just cannot get a clear image. Any tips on getting it to focus to 10m would be greatly appreciated. I can then fit it to my AA S200 to shoot my 10m comp targets & give my fellow club (SEECO) members something to larf at! The sidewheel has too shallow a cup to clear the side of the scope & mounts (also stock on the LG300). Once fitted to the scope it sits very close to the side & I cannot get it onto the mounts without making contact so a custom is called for as the wheel's internal diameter seems to be non-standard.

I don't think the image quality is up to the standards of some of the German scopes I have seen. The contrast is lower by comparison and edge definition falls off rapidly. However, I'm not made of money so am grateful for what I have & appreciate this scope for what it is, a bargain.
    Morini 162E L/H Diana 75 L/H Anschutz 250

Smithies Barnsley South Yorkshire (known as Tarn)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arightplinker View Post
    Sorry dont want to high this thread but can you anawer the following.

Heres the link to there web http://zos.en.alibaba.com/ See if you can recognise any of their scopes
    Zos makes them others put there name on. Fox. Rex. Richter. Besondor. JSR Tasco and a few I have forgot. They can be reparrellaxed down to 10yds in about 10mins.

I have a Richter optik 8-32X50E SF which does not focus down to 10 yards. How do i adjust the parrell down to 10 yards and if i do what effect will it have on my current dialling in settings?
    Unscrew the front ring. Zos don't glue them. If it's tight use something to get a firm grip. When you take the ring off you exspose the lens housing.
    Get a 10yd marker on full mag. Turn the housing (I can't rember wich way) untill in focus. Check the 55yd marker is in focus. when you screw the ring back sake sure the lens housing dosn't move. If you go below 10yds the optical quality can be affected. Then check your dialings

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridge Walker View Post
    Get a 10yd marker on full mag. Turn the housing (I can't rember wich way) untill in focus. Check the 55yd marker is in focus.
    Out, usually.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

TARGETZERO is offline Birds just leave me...but they always come back
    I had one of these a long time back,and for the money thought it done the job sound the fella who imports them,is helpfull with any problems. It ranged sound for me,but as said You will always get good and bad,it was a bit wieghty.But i would still have another,good value.heres my old one >> http://www.putfile.com/pic/7701879

Smithies Barnsley South Yorkshire (known as Tarn)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    Out, usually.
    Cheers for that Sam

10-40x50

Quote Originally Posted by skimpy View Post
    Ive been told these scopes are ok for pcp But are are not man enough for springers any thoughts on this.

Ken
    I've been using a Fox labled version on my Tikka T3 .308 for over 12 months. Over 1000 rounds shot and no problems with the scope. Should be fine for a springer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nige View Post
    Chuck,
    Isn't the TX200 SR a Semi-recoiless rifle? Pretty much the same as a Feinwerkbau 300? In other words, hardly any recoil? Sorry mate but I disagree with your disagreement about my disagree...

We're talking full recoiling springers here, and the 2 Zos scopes we had dropped to pieces within a week of their use on proper springers

Nige
    I recall reading in one of the mags that the type of recoil generated by a sledge type action is more harsh than a normal springer due to the 2 way nature of the action.

You haven't fitted OX springs have you

Just noticed how old the thread is

If your buying from a fleabayer called industrychina, have a look at his website and buy the Xdoptics scope, its the same price, the bizzrae at first Y reticle soon makes sense and they are quite robust with better optics then the ZOS, I have a ZOS here and its unfortunatly a duffer!

NECRO! Guys look at the dates, this one has been dead and buried for years

Lowest end scopes - if you want a budget scope go with JSR. I know where they are all made