Thread: Fwb 124 Mk II question

Fwb 124 Mk II question

I have a the above which when I bought it, (about 8 yrs ago) appeared to have been tuned in the sense that it has a small grub screw holding the head of the main cocking bolt in a fixed position, had small ( but now perished) rubber discs on the cocking arm ( to prevent rattle), and last but by no means least, it has basically a 2 stage trigger mechanism ( not quite as sensitive as the Reckord trigger mech., but certainly better than the factory fwb trigger).

Any thought on who would have carried out such a tune?

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by petec View Post
    I have a the above which when I bought it, (about 8 yrs ago) appeared to have been tuned in the sense that it has a small grub screw holding the head of the main cocking bolt in a fixed position, had small ( but now perished) rubber discs on the cocking arm ( to prevent rattle), and last but by no means least, it has basically a 2 stage trigger mechanism ( not quite as sensitive as the Reckord trigger mech., but certainly better than the factory fwb trigger).

Pete
    The grub locking screw on the pivot bolt sounds like a Welham Airmasters mod Pete, but I've never heard of cocking link rattle being a problem. Airmasters also offered a ('feels like', not true) 2-stage trigger mod.

Cheers Dan, looks like I may be the owner of an Airmasters tune 124 ( and it would have looked soooo good in Avanti's stock )

Pete

Cheers Dan, looks like I may be the owner of an Airmasters tune 124 ( and it would have looked soooo good in Avanti's stock )

Pete
    Pete have you looked at the piston? It may have bronze rings brazed on it like the one pictured here from this thread. You should be able to see through the cocking slot if they are there. But I think Airmasters used different tuning methods, of which this was just one. Rustybuzz on here should be able to give you more pointers as to whether your gun has Welham internals.

Danny

Pete
    Hi Pete,

Garvin's correct, almost certainly one of our 'mastersports'. Take a look through the cocking slot and if the back of the piston is running on phosphor bronze rings then that will confirm it.

ATB

Richard

According to another thread they're not worth repairing so you may as well scrap it!!!...