61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'd be interested.

45 73.77%
  • No, stupid idea.

16 26.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pro-Sport Stutzen?

Damn...

...Snooper beat me to it Well within GNIB's capabilities Not sure why you'd need an extended cocking link? BSA Stutzen doesn't?

C'mon AirArmsDavid, where are you when we need you?

I'd have some of that if they replaced the underlever with proper blued steel at the same time
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Now...

...that would be an added bonus

Wink stutter

what about a sidelever now that would be eligant "and sack the girly checkering"

Quote Originally Posted by Born Again View Post
    at least someone saw it was a joke

personally i reckon the tx mk3 would be a better stutzen as the underlever arrangement is better than the PS and the underlever would drop enough to get a grip on.

Jup, the aluminum-under-lever is the big downside of the ProSport, aside the lack in availability in Germany and if you ever have cocked an Anschütz-Hakim ( an airgun made for the Egyptian army by Anschütz in the late 50s ) you know the differences between what is and what could be.

Jochen
    Indeed she said tie me up and do what ever you like and so I did. I tied her to the bed and went out fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ikarma70 View Post
    at least someone saw it was a joke

personally i reckon the tx mk3 would be a better stutzen as the underlever arrangement is better than the PS and the underlever would drop enough to get a grip on.
    Your not quite getting this are you
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

AirArmsDavid Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sbd View Post
    ...Snooper beat me to it Well within GNIB's capabilities Not sure why you'd need an extended cocking link? BSA Stutzen doesn't?

C'mon AirArmsDavid, where are you when we need you?
    Chris only just directed me to this thread after I mentioned I'd ordered a BSA Superstar Carbine Stutzen stock from GINB today.

They happened to have a Superstar (and of course a Pro Sport mould for you lot) and Jamie liked the Diana 46 Stutzen so why not?

Will have add-on/removeable non-adjustable hampster for HFT practicality, adjustable cheekpiece and butt pad, and be based on either the Diana or Antonio's own prototype (the 'dream rifle') as below.

Which do YOU prefer. Maybe a crossbreed???

Attached Images Attached Images

I like the looks of stutzens, but it'll make the PS (even) more frontheavy I'm afraid.
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Ask Antonio at GinB, he could easily do the mods to one of his stocks and then it only needs a longer cocking arm to be made.

Cheers

John
    Thats a good idea,Im sure GinB would be able to do it.Certainly would get some interest, a Pro-Sport Stutzen

Sam Vimes is offline Vanquished a Weihrauch evangelist with a gasram
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I like the looks of stutzens, but it'll make the PS (even) more frontheavy I'm afraid.
    You aren't the first to say this but if the stock maker does his stuff well it shouldn't be a problem. If he doesn't the imaginative use of a drill and lead can easily change the balance of a rifle.
    Fabricatum diem, pvnc!

AirArmsDavid Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sam vimes View Post
    You aren't the first to say this but if the stock maker does his stuff well it shouldn't be a problem. If he doesn't the imaginative use of a drill and lead can easily change the balance of a rifle.
    My PS is in one of these at the moment: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...81&uid=7499492

If you take the big lump of wood from underneath and stick a smaller lump on the front end I'd say it'd still balance.

Never been a fan of the Stutzen,i always thought they look like they should be sent back to the 1940's.A Prosport version? "Your avin a larf aincha"!

Smile pro sport stutzen

Yeah instead of sliding breech why dont they fit an inefficient tap and sticky 2stage trigger and call it the pro airsporter

I don't like Stutzens, purely personal, but what's the point? Why try and make a beautiful rifle look like an old Lee Enfield..?

Gus
    The ox is slow, but the earth is patient.