Thread: Weihrauch safety spring replacement

Weihrauch safety spring replacement

Hi all i lost the spring from the safety catch on my HW35E yesterday,
    it shot out and i can't find it, i have tried fitting springs out of my bits box
    but they are to weak.
    anybody have a spare they would be willing to sell me or know of any cunning replacements i could use
    failing this i will order one from Chambers
    thanks in advance
    atb Steve

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    I did the same thing the other night whilst redoing the blueing on a HW35

I made one from a biro pen spring, just cut the spring down to 1/2" long and open one of the coils up to about 1/4" dia. fit the wider coil into the little hole first and then put the safety in, if ithas the tendency to slip in any way and prevent the safety from sliding into it's hole, bend the wider tag end to make the spring aim towards the very rear of the backblock. that'll do it

HTH, PAUL

cheers Paul ill give it a go

Hi Steve.
    How about a spring from a clothes peg, would that be any good ??? or would it be to strong ??

ATB
    Will..

Quote Originally Posted by william View Post
    Hi Steve.
    How about a spring from a clothes peg, would that be any good ??? or would it be to strong ??

ATB
    Will..
    Hi mate whats a cloths peg?
    we got a dryer going 24/7 over here
    ill have a look if Judith has any cloths pegs
    you up for a bit of shooting next weekend im going mental stuck inside

were going up the game fair tomorrow, i suppose your working?
    atb Steve

Quote Originally Posted by KIRBY4105 View Post
    Hi mate whats a cloths peg?
    we got a dryer going 24/7 over here
    ill have a look if Judith has any cloths pegs
    you up for a bit of shooting next weekend im going mental stuck inside

were going up the game fair tomorrow, i suppose your working?
    atb Steve
    Hi Steve
    Constantly in bl00dy work, must look out for something different anything there with you ?? or have the Polish taken over ??

Shan went up her mothers so I was greatfull to have some piece so I didnt bother with the game fair, been there quite a few times but its gone a bit more like Clydach market selling a lot of tacky crap..

I would love to have a few shots next sunday ?? Speak to you this week about it..

ATB
    Will...

I had a weird thing a few years ago, I was reconditioning an old Em-Ge- Zenit pistol that my Uncle Les had left me in his will. The trigger spring, a tiny speing about 5mm long and 2mm in diameter had fatigued and broken, and I just could not find a replacement spring anywhere in the house. Feeling a bit defeated, I decided to have a break from renovating the Zenit and leave it for that day, I went to the bathroom, pulled the cord light switch, the switch just went 'crunch' and the lights didn't come on. I swapped the light switch for a new one, had a look at the old switch, in amongst the brittle plastic bits that had broken up, there was a spring that was a perfect replacement for the broken spring in the Zenit! I don't really believe in ghosts but I did wonder with some amusement if Les's spirit had somehow reached out from the other side and caused the light switch to break just when the old Zenit that he had loved since his boyhood needed it!

HW97 safety spring size

I have a 97k in bits right now ( spring is same size on Chambers) Measurments are .33mm coil diameter, OD of spring is 4.6mm inside diameter is 3.84mm number of coils including ends is 7 length of spring is 8mm
    Hope this helps

ATB Graham
    Money can't buy you happiness .. But it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery.

Spike Milligan

thanks for the replies Rob and Graham ill get the verniers out and start measuring up any springs i can find
    stupid thing is i saw where i went im still looking but i think its evaporated or something

Will Sunday sounds great ill give you a bell end of the week and we can sort it out
    Steve

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob M View Post
    I had a weird thing a few years ago, I was reconditioning an old Em-Ge- Zenit pistol that my Uncle Les had left me in his will. The trigger spring, a tiny speing about 5mm long and 2mm in diameter had fatigued and broken, and I just could not find a replacement spring anywhere in the house. Feeling a bit defeated, I decided to have a break from renovating the Zenit and leave it for that day, I went to the bathroom, pulled the cord light switch, the switch just went 'crunch' and the lights didn't come on. I swapped the light switch for a new one, had a look at the old switch, in amongst the brittle plastic bits that had broken up, there was a spring that was a perfect replacement for the broken spring in the Zenit! I don't really believe in ghosts but I did wonder with some amusement if Les's spirit had somehow reached out from the other side and caused the light switch to break just when the old Zenit that he had loved since his boyhood needed it!

Made my hair stand up at the back of my head!.