Thread: Date/Serial No. for FWB Sports

Date/Serial No. for FWB Sports

Just wondering if anyone has any info about the serial no.s used on FWB Sports. Mine is 193XX which I'm sure, makes it a Mk1. The stock on mine appears to be more figured than most that I've seen, something that I've also heard is associated with the Mk1. However, I was wondering when the production of the sport began and what the earliest serial numbers issued started with.

Regards,
    Andy.

fwb numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Andy W View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any info about the serial no.s used on FWB Sports. Mine is 193XX which I'm sure, makes it a Mk1. The stock on mine appears to be more figured than most that I've seen, something that I've also heard is associated with the Mk1. However, I was wondering when the production of the sport began and what the earliest serial numbers issued started with.

Regards,
    Andy.
    dont understand the xx (have you left out some numbers there) the serial numbers on mine are 06273 / 09053 / 13275 mk 1s and 49992 mk2 the mk 2s have mk2 stamped on the breech block and have a plainer (shaped) stock usually mk 1s have a plastic trigger blade but sometimes that gets changed and i have seen quite a few mk2s with what appears to be mk1 stocks .the calibre thing is another puzzle (why didnt they stamp it on the barrel)

Hi,
    I just xed out the last two numbers of the serial. I'd noticed that others had done it in other threads which I presumed was done for security or paranoia. As I'm given to a pre-disposition towards paranoia I figured that I'd follow suit.
    It looks like mine is quite a late Mk1 then. I reckon I dropped lucky with my stock. I'll post some photos of it later maybe if I get time.
    Thanks for the infor about the Mk2s.

Cheers,
    Andy.

Email FWB for production dates

They have kept excellent records over the years and a quick email to FWB with your serial number will reveal the date of production in their return email.
    Usually takes only a few days for an answer.

info@feinwerkbau.de

Here are some dates on mine.
    serial number 5974 manufactured in 1980
    serial number 17023 manufactured in December 1978
    serial number 52589 manufactured in May 1983

Tom in the USA

Quote Originally Posted by TStray View Post
    They have kept excellent records over the years and a quick email to FWB with your serial number will reveal the date of production in their return email.
    Usually takes only a few days for an answer.

info@feinwerkbau.de

Here are some dates on mine.
    serial number 5974 manufactured in 1980
    serial number 17023 manufactured in December 1978
    serial number 52589 manufactured in May 1983

Tom in the USA
    Tom as you know that 5974 date is a rogue one because Herr Altenburger (or was it Herr Westinger?) had had one too many Starkbiers at lunch on the day you enquired, so mistakenly added a 2 in front of the number when he looked it up.

Danny,
    I wondered about this one too and took them at their word but IF numbered sequential from the begining of production it would indeed be the case of too many brewskies on the lunch break.

In their defence, one of the rifles was a 127, could they have used a different set of numbers for different models?

Sadly, I only have one of the 124's now and could not find my original email to them for verification.

Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by TStray View Post
    Danny,
    I wondered about this one too and took them at their word but IF numbered sequential from the begining of production it would indeed be the case of too many brewskies on the lunch break.

In their defence, one of the rifles was a 127, could they have used a different set of numbers for different models?

Sadly, I only have one of the 124's now and could not find my original email to them for verification.

Cheers mate
    I couldn't say for sure Tom but I always thought the Sports 121, 124 and 127 were numbered sequentially. I might resubmit that number to see if a different date comes back.

ATB