Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fwb sport 127 advice needed

I wouldn't grab a file too quickly!

It is rare indeed for a FWB Sport to be poorly built unlike some British guns of the period
    Firstly, FWB barrels are strong and do take the abuse, even the odd "let it fly". FWB often have that look that the barrel is pointing down off the line of the cylinder; often its more to do with the light. Even if it does then so long as the lock up is consistent it can be zeroed. The lock up is a strong one, but with all break barrels don't just let it do all the work itself, place the barrel into its lock position as part of your closing routine. Once I shot with one out of lock because it bounced out and I was being cavalier about it all. It can happen. Secondly, buy a new breach seal as they are pennies and its one more thing to tick off the list. Thirdly, German barrels = German pellets, in my book. Fourthly, check there is no lead swarf on the faces. Fithly, check all screws are tight as they can work loose; but don't overdo it.

I think its the foresight that is your problem.

My latest Sport is serviced and reasonably smooth. When I get it right it puts pellet on pellet. If I do anything wrong it throws the pellet an inch off. Too much head pressure; too much hold pressure; too much trigger yank and off the nat it goes. Worst is off the bench when I'm trying to hard. Standing its fantastic when I can keep on target! The smoother tuned a Sport is, (true with any springer), the more forgiving they are.

Final update

First of all thanks to everyone that helped with this problem.

The reason that it is shooting low is that the foresight is not the right one. The tip of the blade is actualy 3mm higher than the top of the rearsight.

Much more serious though was the up and down play in the barrel lock up.
    If fired with the hand under the barrel, thus holding it up, it shot almost 1" higher over ten metres than with the hand under the fore end.

The gun was sold to me as being in excellent condition with very little use (less than 100 pellets). In reality it had a marked stock and rust on the top of the barrel so along with the above faults I decided to send it back to the seller and obtain a full refund.

Dfor.

Quote Originally Posted by Dfor View Post
    First of all thanks to everyone that helped with this problem.

The reason that it is shooting low is that the foresight is not the right one. The tip of the blade is actualy 3mm higher than the top of the rearsight.

Much more serious though was the up and down play in the barrel lock up.
    If fired with the hand under the barrel, thus holding it up, it shot almost 1" higher over ten metres than with the hand under the fore end.

The gun was sold to me as being in excellent condition with very little use (less than 100 pellets). In reality it had a marked stock and rust on the top of the barrel so along with the above faults I decided to send it back to the seller and obtain a full refund.

Dfor.
    I don't blame you! If the seller is a BBS member, please name and shame.