Thread: Cardboard Box's ?????

Cardboard Box's ?????

Hello All,

I’m trying to track down a cardboard box, the same size as a Webley pistol box.
    There are thousands of them on Fleab*y and the net in general.
    Does anyone know of a supplier they have used in the past ?
    Nothing untoward or iffy about this, just looking for a box in which to store my loose pistols.

ATB,

Sam.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Best thing is to get one of those little aluminium cases from B&Q, they are selling a 'nest' of three of them for £17 at the moment. Enough room for about seven pistols altogether, I use the smallest one for my Hammerli pistol and the others for camera equipment. They are not best quality but they do the job and with foam fitted they protect your precious things.

This is the two-case set advertised on their website, your local store should have the three-piece

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav/na...isSearch=false
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 28-06-2008 at 09:31 AM.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I used my children's Clarks shoe boxes halved in height and the edges paper taped when I had a Webley pistol collection (had twelve of them but now all gone bar one Senior) ... These shoe boxes work a treat, have good sturdy lids, and make for good strong symmetrical storage . Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

My wife gets her quarterly supply of contact lenses from Vision Express. They come in a superb cardboard box which is not miles away from the shape and size of the original Webley boxes (the lid is a flap).

I have collected a few now and intend to spray them white and stick on a repro Webley label. Obviously it won't be the same as an original but is still a nice way to store your Webley pistols.

Perhaps you can give Vision Express head office a ring and find out who supplies their boxes? Local outlets may even give you a few for free...

Webley pistol boxes

The best size I could find for my "loose" ones were sold on Fleab*y by a business called R Madillo Packaging. The code is EF3 and the internal dimensions are 230x150x50, but I didn't get any because they come in packs of 50 for £27. If you type in EF3 as a search, it should bring them up.

Ian
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

Guess what???....I work in a cardboard box factory so when I need a box I just look through the surplus heaps for the size I need...that's why when I sell something it goes well packaged....my perks I suppose...I'm everybodies friend when they're moving house...
    Eric.

I sent my Tempest (1980's model) back to Webley about x5yrs ago for a full service, I asked them for a replacement box and trigger key. I think total cost £25. Why not give them a call and see if they will supply you with original box?

P.S. The box I got back was not EXACTLY the same just plain brown but inside same as original so good enough. Oh and they also added later instruction sheet.

Webley used plain brown cardboard boxes of varying sizes for the later Hurricane, Tempest & Nemesis pistols, with a different styrene inner for each model, but I think you will find NuWebley no longer have any stock.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions , Fella's.
    Much appreciated.

Sam