Thread: Webley pistol collection

Webley pistol collection

What would be the best way of selling a collection of 15 pistols, virtually all mint and about half boxed.

As a whole or split, auction like Holts or something else?

Please no questions on individual pistols as they belong to a friend and I don't have the details, its the mechanism of selling he is interested in.

Thanks.

Post them all on here in one lot, but individually described and priced.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Sold my complete collection of Webley pistols (bar one Senior that I believe I will always keep ), by advertising just a few of them on here then offering (and ultimately selling) the others to those who contacted me regarding the ones I had advertised ... This was not a deliberate ploy however, more just the way it happened. Pistols I advertised were one of my Juniors, one of my Premiers and one of my Seniors. In total I sold twelve Webley pistols, three BSA pistols, three American pistols and a selection of vgc period plunger pistols this way, and imho got good money for each without the hassle of an auction . Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

The auction idea is fair up to the point that you send off one parcel but its really downhill after that. First you get what someone is prepared to pay on the day (unless you put a reserve on which if it is unsold you have the cost of return post plus some commission) and second you drop around 20% of the hammer price on sellers commission & fees. Gareth's idea is the way to go - a bit more hassle maybe.