Thread: What pellets will work in a Crossman 600?

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy

What pellets will work in a Crossman 600?

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Crossman 600 .177 OOPS 22!!! but I have found that the selection of pellets that I have are all too short for the gun to cycle in semi-auto

Does anybody know which pellets will cycle properly without jamming the shuttle?

Tried Crossman Accupels, AA Field, Mozzies, Logun Penetrators, RWS Hobby, Defiants, and the only ones that will almost work are H&N Match heavy, but they are slightly pointed dome heads and get damaged and sometimes jam it up.
    Let's try the .22 sizees next

Cheers

John
    Last edited by Snooper601; 04-07-2008 at 09:11 PM.
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

tomgriffin is offline I just have the empty tin...
    How about something like bismags?
    If you choke a smurf, what colour does it turn?
    We Are Tottenham! Super Tottenham! We Are Tottenham From The Lane!

John

Try bisley practice mate , they worked a treat in mine . Failing that try domed heads as the heads sits inside the pellet skirt allowing better loading .

atvb

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by tomgriffin View Post
    How about something like bismags?
    Thanks for that idea, I'll see if anyone at Shepreth has some on Sunday, I'll also measure the shuttle depth to get a measurement for the length required, when I get home from work.

Any more suggestions?

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Crossman 600 .177 but I have found that the selection of pellets that I have are all too short for the gun to cycle in semi-auto

Does anybody know which pellets will cycle properly without jamming the shuttle?

Tried Crossman Accupels, AA Field, Mozzies, Logun Penetrators, RWS Hobby, Defiants, and the only ones that will almost work are H&N Match heavy, but they are slightly pointed dome heads and get damaged and sometimes jam it up.

Cheers

John
    John,
    If your 600 is in .177 it would be marked on the side as a Plinkomatic, and was made to shoot BBs, but if it is marked as a Crosman 600 it would shoot .22 pellets, and in my opinion it is best to use Crosman Vermin pels or Hobby, sometimes they work fine with H&N Field Target Trophy pellets, it is always best to use flat head pellets whatever calibre, your gun could be a 600 modified to shoot .177 pellets.
    All the best,
    Lawrie.

Didn't see that ... its a .177 plinkomatic

Listen to Lawrie as he knows these inside out !

Dave

Not quite what I thought it was then

I suspect that it needs a new thinner shuttle making that takes flat head .177 pellets then

Cheers

John

Not quite what I thought it was then

I suspect that it needs a new thinner shuttle making that takes flat head .177 pellets then

Cheers

John
    Nor here John - I could have sworn it was a 600 from the advert One in this sec is up for sale at £275 I think ... thats more than a 600 mate

atvb

Dave

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    flathead work best, crosman matchpells are good

Accupells also work fine in mine, maybe you got a fussy one (many are) !

(just noticed the .177 thing, very unusual, or a conversion)
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Nope, just me being stooooooopid

Its .22 and my excuse is you don't load directly into the barrel and I didn't look down the sharp end as that's just a silly thing to do

Have to find some .22 flat heads now

Sorry for confusing everyone and apologies to Vic who sold me the gun and spotted my stupid question

Thanks for the suggested pellets, now to get some and try it out.

Cheers

John

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Nope, just me being stooooooopid

Its .22 and my excuse is you don't load directly into the barrel and I didn't look down the sharp end as that's just a silly thing to do

Have to find some .22 flat heads now

Sorry for confusing everyone and apologies to Vic who sold me the gun and spotted my stupid question

Thanks for the suggested pellets, now to get some and try it out.

Cheers

John
    My 600 likes Wasps!......the purple ones! (5.5's!), it likes these even more than Hobbies!!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Cr 600

Ely Wasps are good in my 600, also Milbro Caledonian because they are "short" pellets and a better fit in the carrier. Trial and error though, these guns are very pellet fussy. The original adverts for these guns show Crosman domed pellets in use which must tell you something.

Mike95