Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need a straight answer.

I see.

Ive bought a Beretta 92F from someone. I need to wait till tomorrow to pay though. PayPal is being slow and has taken an extra day to transfer funds from bank to account.

Whichever Umarex CO2 pistol you choose, I absolutely guarantee that it will not break glass bottles.

If that's what you want to do, choose something else.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    Whichever Umarex CO2 pistol you choose, I absolutely guarantee that it will not break glass bottles.

If that's what you want to do, choose something else.
    course it will just whack the bottle with the thing
    Air Arms S400 Nikko Gameking 4-16x50....

Hi Xtr3me, have a look at www.umarexboysclub.co.uk we run a Shooting Comp he on the BBS Pistol Section organised by Pad.E, become a member and put that Beretta 92fs through it's paces. it's just a fun comp for all levels.

atvb

Jason
    Last edited by cookie; 16-08-2008 at 06:34 PM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

I'll check it out. Thanks for the link Cookie.

PS - I saw a video on YouTube of a CP99 smashing a wine bottle, and a 92F is supposedly more powerful.

I dont actually want to smash glass bottles. It was something to give an idea of the sort of gun I want, thats all. Didnt know how to explain the kind of power I was looking for.

But a 92F is all I need, and I will be paying for it tomorrow hopefully.

I had a Beretta 92FS and swapped it for my Walther CP99, I found the Beretta was a bit on the heavy side for my liking, I also like the way you change the CO2 cartridge on the CP99

I like the weight a lot. So a 92F will be nice for me.

I've had most of the Umarex Pistols and the beretta is by far my favourite follow by the CP88 Comp and the S&W 586 6" barrel
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Cool.
    Id pay for it now, and just take the money from my account, but the funds are in "limbo" at the moment, and not in my PayPal or bank account. So ive got no choice but to wait for it to clear. Which really sucks to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtr3me View Post
    I'll check it out. Thanks for the link Cookie.

PS - I saw a video on YouTube of a CP99 smashing a wine bottle, and a 92F is supposedly more powerful.

I dont actually want to smash glass bottles. It was something to give an idea of the sort of gun I want, thats all. Didnt know how to explain the kind of power I was looking for.

But a 92F is all I need, and I will be paying for it tomorrow hopefully.
    The youtube video was probably a CP99 Compact which is a blowback BB firing gun. I've seen the one of of the Compact shooting glass bottles. Confusingly the "normal" CP99 is a pellet firing non-blowback with 8 shot revolving mags as per the 92, Colt, CP88 etc.

Steel BBs will break glass at quite low power because they don't deform like lead pellets, but I don't recommend shooting them at anything but a box full of rags or similar that will stop them without richochets.

I think all the Umarex 8 shot pistols have more or less the same action and barrel length (about 4"?) thus will have about the same power, apart from the CP88 competition has a 6" barrel so will give a little more velocity.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius