Thread: Diana 38 break barrel rifle

Diana 38 break barrel rifle

Hi

does anybody know how the barrel on a Diana 38 is fitted to the breech block?

I've recently acquired one of these rifles but it has had a barrel shroud fitted and I want to remove it so I can fit open sights. I "think" the shroud is glued on, so I'm planning on heating it with a blow torch to loosen the glue in order to remove it from the barrel. But I don't want to put too much pressure on the barrel when trying to remove the shroud in case the barrel comes free from the breech block.

has anyone got any ideas/experience on this?

I just hope the shroud isn't pressed on to the barrel - it's very hard to tell how it's been fitted on.

thanks

Give Colin a ring at Manchester Airguns, 0161 681 7947, before you light the blow torch.

I dont think the '38 comes as standard with a barrel sleeve.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hi Ian

no, this is somehting a previous owner has added to it. Whoever did it has actually doen a pretty good job of it, but I'd prefer it to be in original condition & with open sights.

I've been told by a few people it's most likely glued on. It's a case of trying to get it off without damaging the barrel or pulling it out of the breech.

cheers

If thats the case I would strongly suspect that the original blueing under this sleeve, unless very well protected when fitted, may have been attacked by either rust or the glue. A visit to Colin at M.A.G. for his magic may be required.
    Good luck with the removal.

ATB
    Ian

thanks Ian. I've spoken to Colin and he's going to have a look at it this weekend. I have visions of shiney deep blueing appearing from under the shroud, but I think I'm going to be disappointed

Good luck with whats under the sleeve - but you wont be disappointed if Colin has to re blue it.

ATB
    Ian