Thread: Diana 60 or 65?

Diana 60 or 65?

I'm thinking of starting collecting and I like the sound of these air-rifles... The big question is what is the difference and what should I be paying for one? I know that these are break barrel versions while the 75 is a side lever.

Are these guns still competitive at informal targets?

Thanks
    ALex

Quote Originally Posted by albrown View Post
    I'm thinking of starting collecting and I like the sound of these air-rifles... The big question is what is the difference and what should I be paying for one? I know that these are break barrel versions while the 75 is a side lever.

Are these guns still competitive at informal targets?

Thanks
    ALex
    The 60 is a great little gun, quite light, especially if you take off the barrel weight, totally recoilless and perfect for informal short-range shooting. But the breech lockup is a not very robust ball detent so needs to be looked after. The 65 has a breech lock and a much heavier barrel sleeve. It's slightly longer than the 60. Both are capable of 600 fps if in good internal order. The 60 actually outlived the 65 and was still being made alongside the mod. 75.

Prices for each are usually somewhere between about 140 to 250 euros on egun.de, depending on condition.

How difficult iis it to ship here from Germany? Is there plenty of red tape... However, I like the prices of these things...

Thanks
    ALEx

I live just off the M27 outside Southampton.
    The model 66 was one of the nicest target rifles I have owned, and I wish I had not sold it. Good lockup, fine balance, great accuracy, you just needed to be able to shoot well more`s the pity.