Thread: Diana 25 & Webley Hawk Mk1

Diana 25 & Webley Hawk Mk1

I have the above comeing my way, know nowt about them except they work but tatty & rusty.
    Probably bought new around the same time & comeing from a shed clear out.
    I've done a quick search & found a little info, Hawk Mk1 for instance but that's about all.
    Possible age of the Hawk please & if poss the Diana, are some spares available ?
    Basic idea of value in rough but working order allso please.
    They will be passed on later but I'd like a plink first, hell, I might even do them up.
    I'm old enough to know about them but my first rifles were BSA's so I'm scratching my head with them
    The Hawk has both barrels by the way.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

Smile

hello mate

sorry i can't help with the diana, though i'm fairly sure it's a kids rifle.

the mk1 hawk was made between 1971 and 1974, i have had a couple of them, they came new with two removeable barrels in number one bore and number two bore with a screw that you turned with a coin ( from memory!), the smaller bore barrel always seemed better than the larger bore (underpowered with the heavier .22 pellet).
    i had both barrels with the first one that i owned but only the .177 barrel with this one that i currently own.
    here are a few pics of the rifle.

>>>hawk mk1<<<

>>>hawk mk1<<<

>>>hawk mk1<<<

>>>hawk mk1<<<

these were nice comfy guns to shoot but were a little low on power due to the low swept volume of the slim cylinder...

regards, john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

hi mate,if the diana is german made have a look on the top of the butt it probably has a date of manufacture date ie 9:36 (my dianas date) post war it was probably made in england regards grez.

I've got a diana 25, had it few years, it was my first project gun. I got a mainspring from John Knibbs IIRC, refinished the stock and it's a lovely little gun to shoot now. Ideal plinker and I have bopped a feral or 2 with it indoors too.

Jamie

Should be with me in a fortnights time.
    The Diana is english.
    I've only managed a very quick look at them & they do look rough but at least complete & working.
    I'll ask more stupid questions when I have them & post some pics.
    Thanks for the replies so far.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.