Thread: Airgun Fayre/Classic airgun shoot

Map to show location of L&D Club

hold me back !!

prize

John Knibbs has also offered to provide a prize for one of the events
    John
    hold me back !!

Kick-Off

Thanks for the directions, John. Could you confirm what time the Airgun Fayre will start and what time the sellers should arrive? Many thanks.

kick off time

Hi Charlie

9.30-10 am. would be a good time to arrive and set up.

Selling and shooting can then start at 10.30 which is not too early for those who have quite far to travel

ATBest
    John
    hold me back !!

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Hi John, still all systems go I'm glad to see, and as it still looks like I'll be able to get there, if you could e-mail me directions and full addy inc. post code so I can plot my route (don't do sat-nav), it'd be greatly appreciated (yhpm) . Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks, John. I think the collectors will be rushing the doors to get in and grab the early bargains!

Hi

If possible, my daughter and I intend to come to the fayre. We may well want to bring some small items ... scopes, tins of pellets (I have about 10 tins of Bis Magnums in .177 going spare ... plus a few others) etc to sell on the bring and buy table.
    So: do we just turn up with them, priced up and with a list for you to help admin.

Or: do you need to know in advance what we are bringing?

Or ..... ?

And I presume we can enter the various shoots on arrival.

All help appreciated.

Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Hi

If possible, my daughter and I intend to come to the fayre. We may well want to bring some small items ... scopes, tins of pellets (I have about 10 tins of Bis Magnums in .177 going spare ... plus a few others) etc to sell on the bring and buy table.
    So: do we just turn up with them, priced up and with a list for you to help admin.

Or: do you need to know in advance what we are bringing?

Or ..... ?

And I presume we can enter the various shoots on arrival.

All help appreciated.

Cheers, Phil
    Hi Phil
    Yes, just turn up with the items priced up and we can put them on the bring and buy table.
    I don't need to know in advance

All comps. are enter on the day and will include steel silhouettes and paper targets
    There will be a sighter range to practice on and set up the sights

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a dry day.

There are a few midges etc in the woodland area, so an insect repellant may be a good idea

See you on the day
    Regards
    John
    hold me back !!

Directions

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hi John, still all systems go I'm glad to see, and as it still looks like I'll be able to get there, if you could e-mail me directions and full addy inc. post code so I can plot my route (don't do sat-nav), it'd be greatly appreciated (yhpm) . Atb: Gareth W-B.
    hi Gareth
    I will pm in a couple of minutes(I'm on holiday and don't have access to my e-mail at present)

Regards
    John
    hold me back !!

Prizes by T W Chambers

All systems go for the 14 September

T W Chambers and Co have kindly offered to provide some very nice prizes for competitions that we are running on the day

So please bring a few guns with you to the Fayre and have a go. Even if you are new to competing, these competitions are not too testing and are at shorter ranges than the normal HFT and FT shoots

The latest info on these competitions is as shown in the thread currently running in Collectors Section (started by Paddy)

John
    hold me back !!

12 Tables Sold

We now have 12 sellers on the day which is better than I had hoped.
    John
    hold me back !!

edbear2 Guest
    Hi John, as per my email, please put me down for a table....cheque is on way...I am 90% sure of attending barring work dramas, but if unable to, I will contact you sat by 5pm at the latest...in this eventuality, please put the fee to good use, or prehaps allow others to use my table for overspills etc....P.S. are their any seats, or should I bring a couple of folders with me as my earlier years on motorbikes have finally caught up with me!.....best regards, eddie

Seats

Hi Eddie

We have plenty of chairs and I will put a couple with each table

I hope you can make it but work can be a dam inconvenience unfortunately

Regards
    John
    hold me back !!

Ok ;
    This is what I will bring tomorrow, no price list because it will be face to face only.
    I am back into full bore shooting again after meeting up with an old army mate, so unfortunately most of my airgun collection must go, most of them are duplicates.

Diana G80 .22
    HW35 E .22
    BSA Airsporter .22
    BSA Meteor .22
    Webley Falcon .22 1960’s
    Webley Hawk MK II .22
    B3-4 Chinese lion .22 ; This is a bonus bunny, cleaned up and fettled. Good for plinking and fun.
    Webley Tempest .22 in a leather box with a brand new fore end grip.
    Crosman 1377 .177, a multi pump pistol fitted with pro block mounts, ready for a red dot or pistol scope.
    Webley Junior .177 smooth bore,
    Webley Senior .22; The original baker light grips have chips so are fitted with some very nice walnut grips.
    BSA Scorpion .22 with full open sights and cocking aid
    Hawke RD 30 red dot sight
    And loads of bits n bobs
    Hope to have some fun shooting my Webley Osprey,
    See you all on Sunday

Hi John
    After servicing my Setra and practising with it at every opportunity ready for the big event tomorrow, I now find I can't make it (8 miles away).
    I'd just like to wish you and those attending all the best and hope all goes well on the day.
    Mick