Thread: Breakdown procedure for Diana 48/52

Question Breakdown procedure for Diana 48/52

Hi folks,
    Does anyone know of an online breakdown procedure for the Diana 48/52?

I've got one which is in dire need of a full strip and darn good clean but am unsure where to start.

As an aside... I gather the new Diana 54 has some sort of special 'retroglide' system fitted which makes it virtually recoiless. Anyone tried one of these? And, mores the point.... is it something that could be fitted to the 52?
    Just a thought.... ahem!

Thanks!

Anne

'52

Hiya Anne,

Its been an awful long time since I last stripped my '52- so I cant be of much help I'm afraid. I am sure I have a bookmark somewhere to a Dutch guy who shows a strip down of these rifles- something that I intend to do since I have been dragged kicking and screaming into this century and now own a digital camera!

I do recall the need for an allen key to remove the side lever from the piston?

As for the sledge or whatever it's called mech on the '54- I am sure there are people better qualified to answer that- but I greatly doubt if it can be retro fitted to a '52. The stock seems deeper on the '54- maybe thats for housing the system??

Will try and find a link to that site I mention above and post it back here?

Cheers,
    Dave

Thanks Dave! Any help appreciated... otherwise it'll be me stood in the corner of the garage with a pair of oven gloves on whilst Dad tries to keep his tools out of reach....

Quote Originally Posted by batfink View Post
    Thanks Dave! Any help appreciated... otherwise it'll be me stood in the corner of the garage with a pair of oven gloves on whilst Dad tries to keep his tools out of reach....
    He he

Right- just found the web site. Wish I could post a link here- but am hopeless as I dont seem to have the right toolbar enabled to copy and paste or whatever way its done

Try to google this:-
    mario.severi airgun page.

The '52 is a cracking rifle and has huge FAC potential for those with this licence. I've never really given mine a chance- as any rifle has to be damn good to overtake my tuned '80 out on hunting forays.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with the stripdown? I recall the piston head on mine was really tight and was robbing the gun of much power- so maybe best to check yours?

Best regards,
    Dave

Super ta!

Thanks Dave!
    The link worked a treat and I'm printing off the pages now.

(For anyone interested its at; http://users.skynet.be/mario.severi/...0%20strip.html and he has lots of other strip down procedures for other guns + scopes there too!).

We did a couple of test fires earlier and it was chrono'ing at just under 500fps (in .22), but its noticeably 'fluffy' in all the crevices and the inside of the breech looks revolting. Not quite sure whats stuck to bits of it, it almost looked like the remnants of some sort of seal, but they seem to be liberally dotted all over the place. Little white waxy blobs.

I will post regular updates as to what we find lurking inside....

Quote Originally Posted by batfink View Post
    Thanks Dave!
    The link worked a treat and I'm printing off the pages now.

(For anyone interested its at; http://users.skynet.be/mario.severi/...0%20strip.html and he has lots of other strip down procedures for other guns + scopes there too!).

We did a couple of test fires earlier and it was chrono'ing at just under 500fps (in .22), but its noticeably 'fluffy' in all the crevices and the inside of the breech looks revolting. Not quite sure whats stuck to bits of it, it almost looked like the remnants of some sort of seal, but they seem to be liberally dotted all over the place. Little white waxy blobs.

I will post regular updates as to what we find lurking inside....
    Bring it to Kibworth on the next shoot and throw it in the lake that will sort it out
    [B] Yipee ki yay

Question Anyone tuned one of these?

Hi again folks,
    I have the dilemma.... the spring is obviously a bit old and tired and so will need replacing. SO.... do I

a.) Just buy the standard replacement
    b.) Get a 'tuning kit' with new spring etc etc

Having never had a gun 'tuned', or indeed fired a gun thats been 'tuned' what would people recommend? This is a 1991 model in .22 that I'd like to be able to use for the odd HFT so I'd like it as smooth and consistent as possible (within reason £££ wise), I just don't know what is and isn't achievable.
    I've just spent an hour googling tuning kits and special springs and am now completely bemused as there seem to be so many options! Venom springs, Maccari springs, buttoned pistons.... HELP!

If anyone has had one of these tuned I'd be grateful for their opinions!
    Ta!
    Anne

Hi ' Never too Old'.... take care or Batfink may well come to Kibworth and beat you with her wet Diana 48 after retrieving it from the lake. Somehow I doubt if such treatment of a Diana would affect it, such was the good Germanic engineering.

By the way .. I got my AimX here so the Kibworth one is all yours ...

Cheers, Phil
    See you on 13th.