Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
and the OMEGA is no better than the VULCAN it replaced IMO ( with its slab of PTFE for a piston washer )
The Omega didn't replace the Vulcan, it sat alongside it in the Webley range as the top of the tree option. Had an Anschutz LG335 and an Omega carbine when my first FWB Sport landed (a 127) which I loved, but being seduced by all the hype surrounding the Sport 124, sold it (shame), and bought a sorted FWB Sport 124. This was a nice .177 rifle true, but I did a Pepsi challenge and tbh I found it to be no better than my Omega, and not as smooth as my LG335, so moved it on to free the funds again for another Sport 127.

Okay, so the Arnie only does 10ft.lb, but it is soooo much smoother than the Sport 124 which was/is imho, a highly over rated rifle as is only as good as -- not better than -- the aforementioned Omega or Arnie LG335 in .177. Sports look better though, granted, and (again imho) the Sport 124 and 127 are visually the sexiest production run break-barrel air rifles ever produced (and the 127 the best all-round break-barrel .22 to shoot, too ). Atb: G.