Thread: Walther LG55M.

Walther LG55M.

This was THE 10 metre target airgun of the late 1950's & 60's.& specially designed for this purpose.As previously said on another thread...the German craftsmen/gunsmiths were not permitted to manufacture firearms directly after the war,so these early airguns are really well put together by the best smiths they had.

This one has the M or Master stock fitted which is in really fantastic condition with hand cut checkering to the pistol grip & under the forestock,directly where your hand would rest.It has the original barrel weight tube fitted (which can be taken off) & also comes with it's Walther diopter peepsight.

The original deep bluing is still very good,with only a couple of small wear marks on the barrel.It shoots as nice as any spring airgun i've ever shot,probably because it's quite heavy & designed specifically for target shooting.

Pics available if you PM me your Email addy. £225 + post.........NOW REDUCED....£195 POSTED.
    Last edited by hwvixen; 20-11-2008 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Price reduction.

You have a pm.

Regards

Robin.

Replied to Robin via Email.

I'll try & get pics on soon,but believe me this is a quality break barrel air rifle.

Hello ,

Do you have any pictures you could send me , please ?

Thanks,

Sam

Pics sent Sam....and price reduction!

edbear2 Guest
    I cant believe that people will stampede to buy LP53 pistols at more than this price, yet are not ripping your arms off!.....the woodwork set on this alone would cost a mint to buy!...Everybody...look in hillers at the write up and pics of the M model and put me out of my misery!!

Smile LG55M

Hello, Will take if available, please send address,
    will send cheque or paypal?
    Les.

SOLD TO LES,
    PM sent Re details & payment pending.Thank you.

Smile Walther lg55

Superb seller, better condition than expected.
    Thanks.

Thanks Les,
    nice to know it's gone to a good home....ATB,hwvixen.

Great match rifles these, sometimes underrated IMO. But the niche they occupy these days is small because they've been so thoroughly superceded by generations of subsequent recoilless spring, SSP and PCP competition rifles. Obsolete, relatively low powered and recoiling limits the market. But service parts are easy enough to find, the rifle is deadly accurate to at least 25 yards with the diopter sight, it's easy to cock, quite compact, simple to make lighter by removing the lead forend and barrel weights, plus the quality of materials, fit and finish is equivalent to a fine firearm. Could this be the perfect garden plinker/indoor target rifle at a fraction of what it would cost to make today?

Amen brother......Garvin.

Heavy to post though...with all that "extra" weight...!