Thread: credit crunch and classic values

credit crunch and classic values

Morning to you all. Whilst cooking little uns lunch,thought came to me. If everyone is hard up on the old folding are we going to see demand for older usable classics increse! For example if i can get a used Hw95 for say £150-plus why pay the new asking price when a well cared one from this forum will be cheaper, well run in and ready to go. Any one have any thoughts on this one. atb

Don't think the collectors market has been crunched at all. If its right at the right price it sells. Air rifles are not high cost enough and selling one or two isn't going to change anyones life much other than pay a gas bill.
    Still in production rifles, or just out of production always take a hit and they may well be taking a bigger hit than before but they still move. Anything overpriced doesn't go anyway.

There are still plenty of people in work and a whole lot just haven't noticed much from the crunch especially if they work for the Government. Those in the private sector have been hit or might be hit in the next few months. This is where rifles may turn up from a clear out if they haven't been used much. So yes there could be some well priced modern guns coming up but I doubt they will still be given away. A good rifle has a reasonable value and will hold its price well though it might take a little longer to move. Poor rifles will move if priced low enough but then they get to the point where the seller may as well keep it. Best examples will always find a buyer.

Its new rifles that will stop being sold in the quantities of previous years. As margins have never been very high its unlikely that there will be much discounting. Exchange rates might even put the prices up. This will hold up the second hand as people look to save on new. Shop turnover will fall.

The Euro will have a plunge in April when Germany order books are empty. The extended Christmas breaks, several months, in Europe cannot go on for ever so that will be crunch time in Europe. If we in the UK are several months ahead of Europe then Europe will be in pain shortly. I don't give our Government much credit and think they could have been a lot more intelligent with targeting the use of the taxpayers money to boost the economy. In fact I think they are defunct; but watch how bad the European countries fare as they have even more red tape and taxes. Red tape and taxes is what needs to be cut.

Sorry had to have a rant.

Musket, not a rant my friend , you made some well valued points. Respect. atb

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I think true collectables will be ok pricewise as it's a niche market populated by enthusiasts. Prices might slow down a bit, but I don't think they'll drop very much. Collectables are most likely bought for the love of it, so people are still prepared to pay out.

i find that if i am looking for something one never comes allong but soon as i buy something else one turns up
    but thats just MY LUCK
    seriously there has been some NICE stuff on here not selling
    so money MUST be a bit short

Quote Originally Posted by mallyally View Post
    i find that if i am looking for something one never comes allong but soon as i buy something else one turns up
    but thats just MY LUCK
    seriously there has been some NICE stuff on here not selling
    so money MUST be a bit short
    Your telling me me old mucker !