Quote Originally Posted by Pagoda113 View Post
Hi Duff Beer, I`ve been taking a close look at mine since your post.How to get 58 (barrel sleeve retainer) seperated from 48 (pump body) seems to be the real problem, and I have to say, much to my annoyance, that like you, I`m baffled at present,
Obviously stock screw 72 acts as lock between 48 & 58, but whether the i/d of 48 is threaded to take a male thread on the outside of 58 is unclear. I would think not because it would be difficult to grip the cone shape of 58 to tighten it on 48, and there are no signs of holes for, eg, a peg spanner on the back face of 58.On the other hand the assembly diagram could be interpreted as showing a thread
I did try gently tapping the back face of 58 with a copper drift (with 72 removed) but with no result.
Sorry to be unhelpful, I`m as puzzled as you!
Anyone else experienced this problem?
No problems, and thanks for trying. It made my head hurt looking at the assembly diagram. It's detailed enough to show you what the problem is, but not enough to show you how to fix it. But then I wouldn't show all my secrets to all and sundry too lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GLow View Post
Ring Richard at Target Technics, he will talk you through it.

I just checked the number on mine, I have #170
I have spoken to Richard, and asked him how much a service would be (as it could probably do with one). He said he wouldn't do it for less than £100. I think it's a little cheeky to ask him to walk me through a process that he won't get any money from and if I cock it up I will have to send it to him anyway so I may as well bite the bullet and send it up north.