Thread: Air Arms MPR FT rifle

Air Arms MPR FT rifle

Hi all,

Just a quick enquiry in the hope of some feedback on the Air Arms MPR and its ability/suitability as an FT/HFT tool?

Any information or comments gratefully received.

Thanks.

For what's it worth, my opinion is that it is not that much better than a 400 to justify the price increase and is too close to the price of a second hand Pro Target or EV2. And the stock is too short without the expensive spacer kit.

I have done/doing an extensive ongoing review on the A.A.O.C website of my MPR.

I'm well pleased with mine, however, it was far better to buy it secondhand cost wise.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

mpr

I agree with phil G and clinstone. The stock is very short ( I think it was intended for the junior shooters market) The barrel has a bigger diameter and is better quality than the 400 series. 2nd hand its a good buy but its unregulated. second hand pro target is a better buy imo.

The trouble is you don't see many secondhand.

Chris.

get a .177 hw100 in an ft stock and a single shot adapter.

i have had a mpr and found it great. moved to an ev but looking out for a second hand mpr to play with. all in all great bit of kit

I have an MPR & use it for HFT & as my hunting gun, no complaints from me it certainly does the trick as it saw me to 3rd place in the Sussex Interclub competition this summer. I sent mine to BTAS & had it tuned & regged recently as well & am awaiting a stock from Gary cane .
    Yes they are short without spacers if you are tall & i feel the palm rest should come with the rifle from new, not as an add on but overall a better rifle than the S400 IMO .

I bought mine new but that was because i'm a lefty.

get a .177 hw100 in an ft stock and a single shot adapter.
    by Ikarma 70

They ARE a nice gun !! but how heavy are they compared to a 400?
    I thought these were super heavy in a Target stock,plus they are not straightforward to work on yourself.

Think I would go for a tweaked 400/GML or a Pro Target.The 400's are dead easy to strip and play about with and there are plenty of bits new and secondhand.

Myself and my daughter shoot GML 400's and I did have an MPR stock fitted for a while to mine, but the Pro Target is the only gun I would swap them for.
    BASC

MPR FT

is it regulated ??

No they are not regged, but if they are properly tuned they can give at least 80 shots into the same POI. Get a decent stock ( CS or GiNB) unless you are very lightly built. The MPR stock is ideal for growing youngsters.

It is an AA 400 Classic with a thicker better-quality barrel. It is easy to work on and get parts for. The MPR trigger is adjustable and once the BeerHunter tuning is done, is very nice to use

Checkout my reveiw of mine in the review section of the A.A.O.C website.

Mine hasn't been tuned, yet still gives me more than 80 shots.

Chris.