Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .25 bsa prewar with flip up sights

Reading through this thread reminds me of the story of the lost shipment of Vincent’s in Central America. There is also supposed to be a shipment of Spitfires lost somewhere in Russia.
    Pipedreams for the Indiana Jones in us all …………….

Sam

offer

edbear2, you've gone all quiet, did you get it???? It would be great to have a happy ending to the story

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
    edbear2, you've gone all quiet, did you get it???? It would be great to have a happy ending to the story
    No James, I bet Eddies' realised he didn't get the blokes name or number and has been camped out at the said flea market ever since in a vain effort to find him!

Paul.
    TX200 collector, ex - BFTO member and vintage BSA rifle anorak!
    Get yourself something useful.....
    HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by silva View Post
    I only loosely used the term "white elephant", in terms of 1909 airgun hunting ballistics. Not in anyway demeaning the mighty No 3 cal Bsa.
    Its just in terms of holdover the .22 is a lot easier to get along with. Though the .25 cal gives a lot of wallop when you know your range - Without a doubt there is something quite majestic and imperial about that huge loading port with its inscribed number three. Akin to a dreadnought naval gun or the business end of an early black powder 577 revolver.
    Perhaps there are still some .25 cals about in India. Its the sort of country where people make do and mend so its not impossible. They would probably make you one on the North West Frontier !
    Just to remind you what that huge loading port looks like when compared to a .22 one, here is a picture of mine

http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL.../303547926.jpg

Lakey

edbear2 Guest

MOWERMAN........YOU SCARE ME!

THIS IS GOING TO BE SOOOOOOO EMBARRASSING
    The venue...Malvern "giant" flea market.....
    Big van in corner of top stock shed, 3 tables, big fella seller with 2 youngers guys helping...end table had 2 ansonias, a .25 heavy gem, and 5 or 6 various prewar BSA's.
    4 of us punters are chatting about the usual stuff...of the other 3 guys, one is a nice brummy sounding lad, who has sold there previously (I bought that Haenel XX off you mate...and the time before you had a table full of pistols!)
    He is with a nice older guy, who was well genned up,the older guy bought a standard for £70,then the brummie bought the spares ansonia for the stock (putting all this in the long shot one of them might read this and P.M. me)..I was trying to get the seller to sell me just the triggerguard off a L model as the cylinder was split, and the block held in by a bolt!...then the older guy mentioned he may have one....all this is after the .25 conversation, where it was established the potential seller lived about 10 miles from my house.....so, we are all bantering with the seller, trying to get a deal....I turn round, the guy with the .25 has wandered off......He's not with the other two......spend next hour doing laps looking for him without any luck...so plan is A;be there early next time as seller is a regular, and hope guy is too!.B;pay more attention and do more research on here C; try harder not to be such a complete (insert your own words please) in future........or was it you mowerman on a giant wind-up as you seem to know the answer already...SERIOUSLY.....if you are reading this and it rings a bell, please P.M. me, and I am sorry for getting distracted

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Just to remind you what that huge loading port looks like when compared to a .22 one, here is a picture of mine Lakey
    Andy, Thanks for that, I think it's safe to say that 'WE' love you and hate you in equal measure!

And Eddie, No it wasn't me on a wind-up mate, if I travelled further north than Watford I'd get a nose bleed!
    I really hope you find the guy, I'd be camped out at that other guys stall ALL day hoping he wanders by!
    Good luck.

Paul.
    Last edited by mowerman; 14-01-2009 at 03:08 PM.
    HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
    Andy, Thanks for that, I think it's safe to say that 'WE' love you and hate you in equal measure!:p

And Eddie, No it wasn't me on a wind-up mate, if I travelled further north than Watford I'd get a nose bleed!
    I really hope you find the guy, I'd be camped out at that other guys stall ALL day hoping he wanders by!
    Good luck.

Paul.
    Paul my friend, I only included the picture to be helpful...... so that when Ed finds his .25 he knows what to look for

Lakey

Because I am so helpful... Here is another picture of my .25 BSA Improved Model D in long 45" sporting Pattern ----- For further reference

http://pic20.picturetrail.com:80/VOL.../303548855.jpg

A very 'helpful' Lakey !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakey View Post
    Because I am so helpful... Here is another picture of my .25 BSA Improved Model D in long 45" sporting Pattern ----- For further reference

A very 'helpful' Lakey !!!!
    You're so considerate Andy, at least you had the good grace NOT to tell us you came by this fine example through pure chance and it cost you peanuts!!
    HERE!

edbear2 Guest
    You can go off people you know!!!..feel even worse now I've seen that beauty