Thread: tripod stand (stativ)

tripod stand (stativ)

hi all

im looking for a tripod stand or stativ for 10 metre air rifle shooting, i see alot of guys with these on the range and they sem advantageous because it means you dont have to break position in the shoulder to reload. the problem i have is that everyone says i can get ona at bisley but i have no time to get there and the cheapest one ive found mail order was on edinkillie at £157! im looking for a second hand one for up to £100 so if i dont like it its not so much of a heart breaker for me. can anyone help?

thanks alot

I thought they were mostly around £100 new. Seems they've gone up.

NSRA has this one for £130.
    You could try calling them and seeing if they have any others. I remember they usually seem to have a couple of brands in - one quite a bit cheaper than the other.
    Or else try Ian Gibb at 10-ring sports services. He's quite reasonably priced.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Andrew,

As above, Ian Shirra-Gibbs at Tenring Sports Services will be able to offer you a good price - NTDWM but he has supplied me with all of the equipment for a Centre of Excellence I established recently.

Alternatively, and if you have any mechanical aptitude, they are very easy to manufacture! I have seen them made from camera tripods and a bit of guttering. The stands used for halogen lamps on building sites are another possibility, and I expect a microphone stand would work well also.

Dom.

cheers for that i will definately be looking at the nsra and ten ring and also look into making my own aswell if i can find the right stuff.

than ks alot, much appreciated

Hi Andrew, this one is adapted from a camera tripod & can be used standing,
    sitting on a stool or kneeling - sitting on the ground.
    The camera pan & tilt head was unscrewed & a flat metal plate, drilled & tapped 1/4 whitworth substituted & covered with foam (the pan & tilt is mounted on a home made bracket on the side for my spotting scope. The small lid fixed on is for an open tin of pellets!)
    You can pick up a tripod S/H for about £20 and the conversion is dead easy..
    It also converts back easily!
    The grey thing going across the pic is my gutter!!
    I usually put my left hand on the foam, palm up, & lay the rifle on my palm.
    This allows me the support of a bipod as I can't shoot prone (bad back)
    My 35M target is in the background
    Any help wanted please ask
    Dave

I must admit, I thought I had "invented" this. Didn't know other people used them!!!
    Just goes to show....great minds stink alike!!
    piccy

Nice. That's the most elaborate one I've seen.

They're standard equipment for ISSF shoots - 10 metre air rifle is shot standing, and the 3-Positional smallbore event includes a standing element. Everyone uses them for resting the rifle whilst reloading.

Katie Emmons shooting ISSF Air Rifle
    Last edited by Hemmers; 20-01-2009 at 10:29 PM.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

I know someone who built there own by getting a flood light system from B&Q or there online counter part, cant rememeber their name! They took the light off and cut a block of wood for the top of the adjustable stand all for about £20! It is bright yellow but hey!

R

Her you go, loads to choose from at Screwfix.

Rutty

Before you get your hammer & nails , out have a look on www.churchleysgunshop.co.uk they have one listed for £75 just download catalogue

Quote Originally Posted by richardio123 View Post
    I know someone who built there own by getting a flood light system from B&Q or there online counter part, cant rememeber their name! They took the light off and cut a block of wood for the top of the adjustable stand all for about £20! It is bright yellow but hey!

R
    I know someone who did that - Emma Sigournay ring any bells?