Thread: American Vintage Airguns Site

American Vintage Airguns Site

Has anyone on here also been on this site. I've seen a couple of familiar names but if you have'nt already looked at it you should do, its very impressive.

A lot of the links have excellent photo's posted. And its a wealth of very good info.

link?

Is this the one you mean?

www.vintageairgun.com

Airgun Site

Yes thats the one.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    A good website. You have to mind your P's and Q's, very serious, but one of the finest places for anoraks like me.

The AVA is an excellent vintage airguns site. I joined it a couple of years ago when I discovered quite a few of its members were experts, among other things, in German match springers. The membership includes some of the world's leading collectors and their knowledge of a range of vintage guns is often extraordinarily detailed.
    Last edited by Garvin; 09-02-2009 at 10:06 AM.

It's the first time I have seen it, thanks for the heads up

Now I have figured out to click on 'view thread' to read the posts it's easier to look at....yes some very nice pics on there.

I had a couple of early straight grip pre war Webley pistols (a mk1 and a Senior with wood grips) that came from a collection in the States...they were totally mint, shockingly like new...must be the climate

AVA

Very good site, some leading experts in the HW, FWB etc. Also very helpful I have found. You will find Grant Stace on another of the Yahoo airgun sites and what he does not know about airguns is not worth knowing. Has helped me out on several occasions.

Mike95

Quote Originally Posted by Leicastuff View Post
    I had a couple of early straight grip pre war Webley pistols (a mk1 and a Senior with wood grips) that came from a collection in the States...they were totally mint, shockingly like new...must be the climate
    There's a couple like that HERE Scott, but at at prices to make your eyes water.

i've been a member on there for a while, they certainly know their stuff

i couldn't register as johnbaz so i called myself bigbonsai (couldn't think of anything at the time
    i just logged in to9 see whether my account was still active- it was

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    There's a couple like that HERE Scott, but at at prices to make your eyes water.
    They are mad $3,250 for a MK2 target! ( the pistols I had were much, much nicer than those too, I was stupid to sell them)

Quote Originally Posted by Leicastuff View Post
    They are mad $3,250 for a MK2 target! ( the pistols I had were much, much nicer than those too, I was stupid to sell them)
    But they do have a lovely boxed Harrington Gat on sale for just £115, so they do have some bargains.

Or that Premier for $395.