Thread: Webley MK1 and Junior Age?

Webley MK1 and Junior Age?

I have inherited two Webley air pistols, a Webley MK1 serial number 16981 (that's the number above the wooden pistol grip) and a Webley Junior, the number at the end of the piston chamber under the barrel pivot is 411 and the letter at the back of the trigger guard is Y. Does anybody have any information about these pistols such as age. They are both in reasonable condition but I would like to restore them, so any info on that would also be great.
    Thanks.

Hello from the serial number on the Mk I, I would say it could be a 4th series
    pistol made in circ 1925. Without some pictures its hard to be exact.

Your Junior pistol could be from the 1960's with the number 411 is probably a batch number, The 'y' is an inspection mark, again if you have pictures I may be able to give more information.

Check under the left hand grip to see if the number on the front od the cylinder matches the one on the grip.

Thanks for the reply, the number on the Junior does indeed match the one under the hand grip. As far as photos are concerned, is there any part of the gun/guns that you would like a close up of, or would you like just a general view.

Regards.

Mk 1

Before you start restoring the Mk 1 very carefully look at the right hand side of the air cylinder, it is of an age where it should have had electronically etched patent numbers there.

They are very rare and quite valuable, so be very careful before you start to clean off anything!

If you can tell us what stamping is on the Junior, someone will be able to tell you it's age within a bit.

Atb.

Robin.

A a general view of both sides and close up shots of any patent information
    on the cylinder would help.

regards Tom