Thread: Walther LP53 help!

Walther LP53 help!

Does anyone have any grips of any kind for a Walther LP53 or a poor condition pistol they would sell for spares?

grips

I have seen quite a few Walther LP2's and LP3's go very cheap when they become uneconomical to repair, but I have yet to see a LP53 go cheap

They are usually well preserved and cared for but there must be some out there.

Unfortunately the plastic grips are quite thin, so any cheapo lying around would probably have some damage to the grips

I have a club mate who has made many hardwood sets of grips for Webley Tempests, Nemesis, Seniors and Weihrauch 45's which have sold on here over the past few years.
    He owns a LP53 and did consider making some replacement walnut grips for it. But hardwood replacement grips would probably have to be thicker than the standard plastic ones (for strength)and so would only be suitable for shooters with big hands. So he took it no further. I have heard that some factory models were fitted with walnut grips but I have never seen any.

So, have a bump up to the top and hopefully some-one may come to the rescue
    ATB
    John
    hold me back !!

Walther grips

Hi John, thanks for that, I did think about emailing you to ask about wood replacements. Anyway, I think I am sorted out with a set I found in the States after much googling

It's the LHS one that is broken, are they the same at LP3 grips?

ATVB
    Scott

grips

Quote Originally Posted by Leicastuff View Post
    Hi John,

It's the LHS one that is broken, are they the same at LP3 grips?

ATVB
    Scott
    Hi Scott
    I would very much doubt it, as the grip on the LP3 is slimmer and takes a target walnut grip

I am pleased you are sorted

If you want a wooden cocking aid, Pete has his original one on that auction site at present. If it gets too pricey to buy and you still want one, let me know as he can make a copy in beech or walnut.

ATB
    John
    hold me back !!