Thread: Valuation on BSA Airsporter needed

Valuation on BSA Airsporter needed

Hi guys,

A recent addition to the gun cabinet means one of my collection unfortunatly needs to go.

Its a nice 1960's BSA Airsporter MKII.

Stock is in great condition but has been repaired (well) in the usual places where they crack behind the trigger.

Its putting pellets out at a very consistant 535 FPS (its a .22).

The action and trigger are superb. The classic section members at the BFTO said how good it is.

Blueing (or browning in this case) is consistantly worn across the whole gun (maybes they were all like this?), but very nice for its age.

The rear sight has both screws, but one of the holes needs the threads re-tapping.

The trigger and curved section on the rear of the action still have the glossy black paint which is in superb condition.

I'll russle up some pictures which will help.

I've no idea how much they are worth at the moment so looking for some guidence before sticking it up for sale...

Cheers Chaps!

Mk11

hi Swidds
    The Mk1 and 11's were IMO the best of the Airsporters and even my S and RB2 don't have the charisma(if that is the appropriate word) of the 2 early models

I have a couple of Mk11's and one of them is in a similar condition to yours

I would put a value of £100 - £125 on yours and if you consider the fact that the Mk11 still looks and handles better than the majority of new spring guns costing twice that, then they should sell for much more.
    A couple of photos would help get a more accurate valuation
    john
    hold me back !!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    hi Swidds
    The Mk1 and 11's were IMO the best of the Airsporters and even my S and RB2 don't have the charisma(if that is the appropriate word) of the 2 early models

I have a couple of Mk11's and one of them is in a similar condition to yours

I would put a value of £100 - £125 on yours and if you consider the fact that the Mk11 still looks and handles better than the majority of new spring guns costing twice that, then they should sell for much more.
    A couple of photos would help get a more accurate valuation
    john
    Thanks John!