Thread: Cheap plinking pistol

Cheap plinking pistol

Hey, looking to have a bit of fun with a pistol, just plinking, looking for something as cheap as possible! Can anyone recommend anything?

And does anyone know a website for 2nd hand pistols? Thanks!

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    Many love the HW 40, a single stroke pneumatic (hence, no recoil, nor need for co2 cartridges). A pretty pistol, very accurate, great trigger.

Only thing I don't like about it is that I find it hard to hold it steady with one hand because of its light weight.

Whatever pistol you get, please do check us out at the umarexboysclub: see our posts throughout the Air Pistol section.

We have comps for 6 yard Bullseye, Snooker, Police Pistol, and we're starting 10 meter Bullseye, and Vintage air rifle and pistol.

Cheers,

Jim
    Last edited by Jim McArthur; 27-04-2009 at 12:29 PM.
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    Many love the HW 40, a single stroke pneumatic (hence, no recolil, nor need for co2 cartridges). A pretty pistol, very accurate, great trigger.

Only thing I don't like about it is that I find it hard to hold it steady with one hand because of its light weight.

Whatever pistol you get, please do check us out at the umarexboysclub: see our posts throughout the Air Pistol section.

We have comps for 6 yard Bullseye, Snooker, Police Pistol, and we're starting 10 meter Bullseye, and Vintage air rifle and pistol.

Cheers,

Jim
    Ok thanks, but i'd prefer a multishot if possible, I want something different to my rifle(not single shot) thanks

Gamo do a number of multishot plinkers, some bb, some pellets.
    PT80 (8shot pellet) P23 (12shot bb or single shot pellet) R-77 revolver

And of course there are a multitude of Umarex Multishot models.

Best for second hand pistols etc, is the sales section on here

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

shame you said multishot as i've a gamo falcon (single shot underlever) i don't really use and i'm only 20/25 miles down the A10

Quote Originally Posted by shangers View Post
    shame you said multishot as i've a gamo falcon (single shot underlever) i don't really use and i'm only 20/25 miles down the A10
    Nothing else?

Been looking at second hand CP88 and NFS 92 (I think! ) Any opinions? Thanks

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    MULTIshot?

Go for the Umarex Smith and Wesson, 586 (blued) or 686 (stainless), 6 inch barrel.

END of discussion!

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

i looked at them, although i really like the look of the CP88 Competion (Less 'rounded' ) £105 mint condition in box posted to my house, what do you think??

p.s from a guy called 'Gunslinger'

If that's being sdold on here then its against the forum rules to comment on a sale, sorry.

I'm pretty impressed with my Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm co2 pistol, got 4 mags & a Fobus holster for it. I think its a great fun gun.