Thread: BSA VALUATIONS REQUIRED

BSA VALUATIONS REQUIRED

Hi Folks

On Gareth's say so I'm posting this here so don't blame me.
    While clearing out my workshop today I came across the following BSA collectables.

First up is one for the Mods

250cc BSA Sunbeam scooter which has been completely striped and the frame and panels sandblasted and sprayed. The scooter comes with a spare engine (there may be two), an as found 250cc Triumph Tigress scooter (same thing just a different badge) and factory workshop manuals.

Second up is one for the Rockers

1965 250cc BSA C15 as found in a garden shed 20 years ago, the bike is complete apart from the exhaust and chain. I have a new set of factory rings for the piston, I also have a spare hi comp piston. The bike has sat on top of a container in my workshop for 10 years and has been occasionally sprayed with WD40 (Basicaly it's all there but it needs to be totally renovated).

I have no documentation for either bike but it should be possible for the buyer to get them after an inspection.

Having realised I'm never going to do anything with these BSA's I have decided to sell them so If anyone could give me a rough valuation it would be appreciated.
    Sorry but I can't do any pictures until the weekend.

All the best Mick

PS I've just realised I have a James 150 and a couple of Bantams somewere in there.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    On Gareth's say so I'm posting this here so don't blame me.
    Yes, Mick and I spoke about this and I said seeing as how they are collectable, and as many members who frequent this section also enjoy classic two-wheeling, that as a 'one off' for the bank holiday Monday, this motorcycle/scooter valuation thread could be run in collectors corner. Any subsequent sales threads however, would have to be placed in the anything else for sale bit of the main sales section . Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Any more bright ideas Gareth?
    I have been completely underwhelmed by the response, thanks for your help anyway.

I think I might set my Moddy mate on to rebuild the scooter now as he thinks it could be worth good money.

Mind you I might just say bugger it and put them all back into storage for another ten years.

All the best Mick

Do you have any photos or desciptions of the Bantams? Many thanks.

can't help directly with valuation but these people might be able to :

http://www.bsaownersclub.co.uk/home.html

otherwise, Internet Auction site listings might offer some help.

HTH, Vic T

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphoon View Post
    Do you have any photos or desciptions of the Bantams? Many thanks.
    I only have the frames for the Bantams I'm afraid, I bought one as a spare for my Bushman and it is a late swingarm.

The other frame is an early plunger with dropped bars, I bought this as it was reputed to have been Chris Vincent's first ever race bike.
    Unfortunately after contacting Chris through my mate Ray Stringer it turns out that he never raced a Bantam.

Another interesting bike bit I found in my loft was Dennis Ireland's paddock table that he used when he won the Isle of man in about 1982.
    I used to work for Dennis and he left the stand when he moved back to New Zealand.

I also found a brand new pair of three and a half gallon fatbobs today, they look a bit brown pearl though http://exilecycles.com/index.php?section=13

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    can't help directly with valuation but these people might be able to :

http://www.bsaownersclub.co.uk/home.html

otherwise, Internet Auction site listings might offer some help.

HTH, Vic T
    Thanks for that Vic

I will have a look through the site and see what I can find out.
    Funny enough I used to have a local bike restorer who used to bring old BSA singles frames to me to have them faked into Goldstar frames.
    I think I must have ended up building more Goldstar frames than BSA.
    I have spoken to a chap today who works from my yard, he is a bike collector (he rides a 350 Harley amongst others) and says he will try to find out some prices for me having seen the bikes.

Thanks again

All the best Mick