Thread: FWB Oddity

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

FWB Oddity

I was pleasantly surprised this evening by a little accidental discovery.
    I was just checking the zero on my FWB 127 (.22 for the un-initiated ). I had a few Air Arms Field pellets left over and figured that I'd use the last of my 'decent' pellets up and see how well they performed. I have to say that I was a little perplexed as the pellets appeared to give quite an eratic group. I figured that I must be just a bit off-form tonight and switched over to a tin of Milbro Caledonian, didn't want to waste any more decent pellets on poor form. On switching to these 'cheapy' pellets, I was dumfounded to find the group immediately tightened and I could even pick the heads off daisys in the grass. The only reason that I could venture for this could be that I found the Caledonians needed quite a firm push to seat them into the barrel. I can only assume that this gave them a much better bite into the rifling. I'm rather pleased to have discovered this because it will save me money as well as improve my accuracy. Just thought I'd make my findings public for all you FWB Sport fans. It just goes to show that the right pellet to buy is the one that works and not the most expensive.
    Given what I have found here, I'd also recommend Caledonians for any older English .22s like BSA Airsporters etc. especially as I've heard it said that the good olde Eley Wasp isn't what it used to be.

Good shootin' guys,
    Andy.
    Last edited by Andy W; 10-06-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Typo