Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.56 pellets.....

Quote Originally Posted by pennineway.fswo View Post
    Hi Lakey
    I was informed by a gunshop owner that the Eley Wasp tooling was purchased by John Rothery who had major quality problems initially in making the Wasp pellets
    The manufacture was halted until the problems were resolved. But although things improved slightly, the quality has never come close to the Eley Wasp pellets of old
    John
    Thanks for the reply John. They may have had early quality problems however the current 'Wasp' pellets are nothing like the original Eley Wasps. They're not even the same shape !!!

Here are some comparison photos of the original 5.56mm Eley Wasp pellets on the left, with the new 'Wasp' pellets on the right. As you ca see the shape of the pellet is entirely different. The finish is poorer on the new 'wasps' and the waist is wider, with the domed head shallower than the originals. In fact all they have in common is the name, and the fact that they both have round heads....... Thats about all.!!

See for yourself........

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...t/P1040692.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...t/P1040689.jpg

http://i547.photobucket.com/albums/h...t/P1040688.jpg

I would dearly love to know what happened to the original Eley Wasp Moulds or dies, so that these wonderful original pellets could be resurrected in the 5.56mm size especially for the pre-WWII BSA and Webley guns which so many collectors use these days. I have yet to find a pellets as good as the original Eley Wasp pellets.

Lakey

I agree Lakey,

I started a thread some time ago about the Eley Wasp and new Wasp pellets.

There is no way the new Wasp come from the same moulds as the REAL Eley Wasp's.

I can't believe they never kept the original moulds and would love it if someone could find them and start producing them again.

Someone should show John Rothery this and the many, many other threads on this subject and when he realises how many customers he has lost by producing nasty quality pellets under such a well respected brand name he might consider finding and using the original moulds.

I doubt it though.

Johnj.

spidey692003 is offline I have a Twister every night!
    Well got my Milbro pellets through today.

Tried them out and they work fine, I don't find them any tighter in the barrel than an accupell but the placement was spot on...

The design of them is near on identical to the newer Wasp, but with less bent/knackered ones in a tin.

I am going to try the John Knibb ones as I want a bit of a better seal....

All is good though and they are a could pellet at a good price!
    Heavy is good, Heavy is reliable... If it does not work you can always hit them with it........