Thread: Multi-shot competition grade pistols

Multi-shot competition grade pistols

I want to setup a shooting range in my garage for shooting CO2 pistols. I am looking for a CO2 pistol that is a true semi automatic with an adjustable trigger pull so that I can practice on multiple targets in a rapid fire situation. I don’t want a long throw trigger! I would like the gun to imitate a real semi automatic pistol so that I can practice with it without paying $1 per shot.

Do you have any suggestions for which guns I should be looking at? All of the competition grade pistols that I have looked at are single shot.

Exclamation Pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesP View Post
    I want to setup a shooting range in my garage for shooting CO2 pistols. I am looking for a CO2 pistol that is a true semi automatic with an adjustable trigger pull so that I can practice on multiple targets in a rapid fire situation. I don’t want a long throw trigger! I would like the gun to imitate a real semi automatic pistol so that I can practice with it without paying $1 per shot.

Do you have any suggestions for which guns I should be looking at? All of the competition grade pistols that I have looked at are single shot.
    Sounds like shang~ri~la of air pistols if U find it let us all know..mike...

Probably the Steyr LP50

5 shot true semi auto (Air resets the hammer after each shot)

Air powered not CO2. But some of the early LP5 were CO2.

The only problem is they don't come cheap. Around £1350 new or £800 or so S/H.

http://www.edinkillie.co.uk/ecatalog...tol-p-393.html

http://www.cones-stuff.co.uk/Steyr%2...t%20Pistol.htm

Have Fun

Mark

I was thinking that this DU-10 http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/model.pl?model_id=351 was expensive. Those make this look like a real deal. I’m really surprised that there aren’t more around. With the cost of ammunition as high as it is, shooting air guns is going to become a lot more popular.

Drulov DU-10 Condor, although they don't come up for sale often.

It's not really a true competition pistol, but it's as good as they come without paying Steyr money. They seem to go for well under £200 second hand, if I remember correctly. The manner in which the magazine works means that they can be pellet-fussy.

You could also look at the Aeron Brno semi-autos. The B96 and B98 are no longer in production, but maybe you could find one second hand.

Edit: Just remembered the Zastava, a copy of the Drulov (I think). I've never used one, but they seem to have a decent reputation.
    Last edited by Nikkormat; 12-07-2009 at 03:47 PM.

I’m really surprised that more repeaters are not manufactured. Are they illegal in a lot of countries? Shooting a variety of targets in rapid fire is much more interesting than just shooting at a bull’s-eye. I’m new to this sport. There must be politics driving the direction of the guns made rather than demand.

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I’m really surprised that there aren’t more around. With the cost of ammunition as high as it is, shooting air guns is going to become a lot more popular.

You're right there, James! I often say that with the way ammo is and is going, you can shoot air, shoot .22, be rich, or devote an inordinate percentage of your take-home income to ammo. There just aren't any other choices.

Personally, I'm quite happy with my Umarex Smith 686 revolver. But I don't like autoloading pistols anyway.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

What is the difference between the 586 and the 686?

Welcome Jame's

Do I take it your over un the good ole U.S. of A?

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    What is the difference between the 586 and the 686?
    The 586 is blued: the 686 is nickeled. But uses the same blued pellet cylinders.

I like the two-tone effect: many don't.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Sniper View Post
    Welcome Jame's

Do I take it your over un the good ole U.S. of A?

Tony
    Yes, I am.

I have always liked shooting guns and was a bird hunter for years. I like the action of bird hunting but have temporarily given it up because of the expense. Air guns sure look like an inexpensive alternative.

I’ve read a lot of comments about pellet velocity. Does a pellets velocity make a difference in accuracy when shooting stationary targets?

Smile Ratgunner

A Smith and Wesson should be your answer, relatively low in price and available with three barrel lengths,

I have the 4 inch barrel though a lot of the Smith devotees go for the six inch, my Brother has a Garage range which is good for the Winter months,

Check out the Umarex Boys Club there are many Pistoleros on there,

Welcome to the Airgun BBS

Does a pellets velocity make a difference in accuracy when shooting stationary targets?
    Not at garage ranges. Unless you own a hanger...

Du10 is really the only one that ticks all your boxes at less than target gun money. If you get one I doubt you will regret it, they are great guns. I've never had any great problems with pellets, but you do need flat heads.

You could look at a Cr600, but then you are buying a 40 year old gun with an iffy spares situation, you get about half the shots from a co2 capsule that you do with the Drulov, and the trigger's not adjustable (although its fine). But they may be cheaper in the states than a Drulov, as they were made there? You do get 10 pellets in the magazine, rather than 5 for the drulov. I find the extra firepower handy for suppressing return fire from coke cans

Whichever you go for, hope you find one you like.
    Morally flawed

Why did they quit making DU-10's?