Thread: Anschutz 250 - What's it worth?

alan-aitch. is offline Burris Burris Burris Burris Burris Burris

Anschutz 250 - What's it worth?

Hi Guys,

Looking for a bit of help in valuing an Anschutz 250. I bought it a while ago and haven't touched it since, got a feeling I paid too much but that's life, you can't win them all

The stock has one very bad scratch and a few marks that you'd expect from a gun this age, there is some pitting on the cylinder and barrel, hopefully the pics will show this. It has what I assume are the original Anschutz sights, the trigger is excellent, and it is very dead to shoot. It does sound a bit twangy, I would guess it's a bit dry.

I realise it won't be much of a retirement fund but it's better to get something for it than to leave it unused in its case.

Pics are quite big, sorry. Wanted to get some detail in.

Pic1
    Pic2
    Pic3
    Pic4

Thanks for any help,

Alan.

Hi,

An Anschutz 250 sold on here last monyh for £135, which seems awfully cheap for such a fine gun.

Here's a link to the add: http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=381122

Edit: Your gun looks absolutely georgeous with that stripped walnut stock, got to be worth more, surely?
    blah blah

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the link, unfortunately I can't get the pics to show (I think they may have been moved) so I can't compare condition.

Alan.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    That stock is indeed lovely. I think it is worth at least £200. What can you get new for £200? Not a beautiful set of match diopter sights, a lovely stock and a superb Anschutz barrel, that's for sure. All you can get is a nasty Turkish Vulcan that will make your teeth hurt or some CO2 nightmare. The recoil-damper works by some kind of oil-displacement mechanism doesn't it? The younger 380 is awesome, the 250 is just magnificient. Especially with that stock.

Thumbs up

It looks like a very nice later example of the 250 Alan and the stock is lovely. I agree with Hsing-ee that it's worth all of £200. The oil filled damper is not too difficult to reseal either. (Search the archive for details of how to do it if interested.) The adjustable iris/optic unit is worth a few quid too - maybe £40 on its own?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thanks for the comments and info guys. It was the stock that drew me to this in the first place, and it seems I didn't pay over the top after all . Almost feel guilty for thinking about selling it now !!

Hsing-ee, you're right, you don't get much quality for your money these days.

Hi Garvin, I seem to remember reading that thread about refurbing the damper, I may dig it out although I have to say I don't think there is anything wrong with it at the moment, it's very dead to shoot. I may just open her up and re-lube the spring etc to try and reduce the twang.

Any other comments welcome, it'll only take one or two more positive posts and it won't be going anywhere

Alan.

check our posts about the 250!
    The oildamper MUST be igc othersise you'll get structural damage! Both internal and external!
    Also, check the endpin, there's VERY little steel around it at 1 side, it easily tears there..
    In germany, they're sold for about E200
    ATB,
    yana