Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hw70

Gamo trigger mods

Quote Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
    Quote: "I am a bit more accurate with my Gamo Compact although the trigger has been very well sorted."

I find my HW45 easier to shoot than my Gamo which is very annoying as it shouldn't be so. Mike what have you done to the trigger on the Compact to call it "well sorted". I have added moly where before there was no lubrication and have also replaced the first stage adjuster (with something that actually reaches the sear assembly) However the second stage is still a little gritty. Toying with the idea of making the second stage adjustable by making the spring retaining post moveable.

Must have a look at one of these 70s though.

ATB to all Chris.
    As well as the adjuster mod (drilling the hole deeper or fitting a longer screw) the bearing surfaces of the trigger/sear benefit from smoothing. One part is laminated from four layers of steel and the surface is similar to the himalayas. I stoned mine off with a small oilstone slip, used dry, and did the same to the other bearing surface until dragging a fingernail across revealed no roughness, do not remove too much metal. A smear of moly grease is then all that is needed. I also replaced the trigger spring with one about half the strength. This left the trigger much lighter, smoother and very predictable, to the extent that I have not as yet felt it necessary to do the adjuster screw mod, mine still has no useful function, not being in contact with anything.
    Jef
    AKA Porthos, a Piskateer of Renown.
    I am a pistaholic, and proud of it

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McArthur View Post
    I know you love that pistol, Tony. It's probably your favorite?

Jim
    Its certainly my favourite Springer Pistol.

I have just commited myself to a little online venture and still need a bit more brass to set it up so if the stuff I have listed on the bay dont sell then I may reluctantly be forced to sell it.
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)