Thread: What's best CO2 pistol for 6 yard competition?

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent

What's best CO2 pistol for 6 yard competition?

I know: I should just go and look up the results! But since some even of the top CO2 shooters may be shooting with the pistol they HAVE, rather than the one they really WANT: which one do you think is the best?

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Best Pistol

Sorry Jim , but there is no correct answer to that except, possiby, the one you get the best RESULTS with.

Target Bunny
    Globus magnus volvere
    trepidex mea non est!

If you were wanting to get serious, any CO2 match pistol will comfortably outshoot the Umarex pistols. At a reasonable price point, there's the Rohm pistols which can run on either CO2 or PCP with the right parts, and the pistols from Tau and Brno. Up a level again and I think all the big names make (or certainly made at one point) CO2 versions of their match pistols. So Steyr, Walther, Feinwerkbau, Anschutz etc.

Personally, I love my Steyr LP10 so if I was forced to go CO2 and wanted the best, I'd have the LP1. I think that was the CO2 precursor to the LP10, the premier match pistol at the time. Not that I've tried the others, just that I get on so well with the Steyr.

So what Jim said, more concisely than me
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Jim McArthur is offline Frock coat wearing, riverboat dwelling, southern gent
    I was thinking more in terms of a plinker, like the Sheridan EB 22, or the Crosman 2240, or their new silhouette pistol that resembles the 2240, than of a match pistol.

Jim
    UBC's Police Pistol Manager
    "Nasty, noisy things, revolvers, Count. Better stick to air-guns." Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure of the Mazarin Stone

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    I've got the Crosman 2300S which is very accurate. Should be a good price as you live in the USA, plus availability of custom grips etc.

Tau7¬!

My Guns: a Walther LP200;& a Weihrauch HW40PCA