Thread: Webley Typhoon

Webley Typhoon

Hi.
    I got a Webley Typhon pistol in cal 22.
    It is hardhitting and gives aprox 5,5 fpe.
    The trigger is very hard, and it feels like Iàm puling the hole upper part of the pistol backwards as I pul the trigger.
    Can this be right?
    Is there a way to adjust the trigger for easyer triggerpul??

Thanks
    Rune

You mean the turkish Typhoon?
    Or the uk made little hurricane?
    ATB,
    yana

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    Wasn't the "UK made little Hurricane" the Tempest?
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

I thought the original Typhoon was kind of a junior Tempest, with a little less power.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

I will assume it's the newer webley Typhoon, i bought one a couple of years back, yes it does pack a might punch, and with a hell of a lot of practise handling the recoil it's accuracy is pretty good too. But that trigger is a real pig, you can polish the sear and replace the spring and it's a little better, but i personally wouldn't bother. Just have some fun with it, and move on to something better down the road.

I would also like to extend an invitation to: Rune Rebel, Hwtyger and Chewy to join the UBC so you can shoot in our monthly competitions, Just send me an e-mail to membership@umarexboysclub.co.uk, including your First Name, a tag-line like the ones found here and an e-mail address if different from the one you are sending from. It's as easy as that.
    Last edited by cookie; 19-08-2009 at 07:33 AM.
    Fancy shooting your air pistols & rifles a bit more, then guy's & gal's come visit us at the
    UBC for loads of fun competitions for all types of air pistols and rifles.

Hi.
    Thanks for the replyes.
    Yes it is a newer model. It looks kind of like a Hatsan pistol, breakbarrel type.
    The trigger is a real pig, and with rheumatism in my fingers, a real problem to use also.
    One of my friends are interested in buying it, so I will let him have it.
    Thanks again.
    Rune

Chewy, no mate, the Typhoon is júst like the Hurricane only thinner grips, 14gr lighter and a bit less powerfull.
    The Tempest is just a simple hurricane, with basic sights.

Thnx for the UBC invitation mate! Might do that in the future. Still awaiting my 162 morini to come back though..Having problems getting it back here..
    ATB,
    yana

Chewy is offline Can't believe i missed this last night...
    Ah... The original Typhoon must have been out of production before i bought my last Webley pistol, a Hurricane back in the mid 90's. There was only the Hurricane and Tempest available back then. Not sure if the Nemesis was even available at that point.
    Weihrauch HW99S .177 - Pardini P10 - Crosman 2240 - Beeman P17 .177 - Umarex Beretta PX4 Storm .177 - Umarex Beretta 92FS .177

ISTR the Nemesis being available in the early to mid 90s because we started a pistol comp at Guiseley around then and a couple of members bought them. I bought a Tempest in the early 90s and I'm sure the Typhoon was not available at that point.
    “We are too much accustomed to attribute to a single cause that which is the product of several, and the majority of our controversies come from that.” - Marcus Aurelius

Hi

Hi.
    Sold the pistol yesterday. No more problem
    The Webley Typhoon pistol are a of a new type, not like the old Tempest/Hurricane.
    The Typhoon looks like a Hatsan pistol, and it has a breakbarrel action.
    Take care
    Rune