Thread: Umarex CP88 - stiff to open

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!

Umarex CP88 - stiff to open

The little lever that you twist down, barrel shoots forward, then in goes the rotary mag...

The lever won't always rotate! What bit do I need to file, ever so slightly? I have a feeling that the 2 aluminium bits (the square 'u' shaped shoe, and the flat bit that lies in it) are catching on summink? Is this a regular-ish thing?
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    I have found out, so for reference:
    If your slide release is awfully stiff, remove slide, and take out the barrel bit (it has a wee screw near the front).
    Looking down at the frame of the main bit of your pistol, you'll see a couple of aluminium bits that keep the slide on, and allow the slide to open when you rotate the release lever. These ally bits are a 'Y' shaped shoe and a little plate type thing laying in it.
    The two runners in the slide, that pass over the 2 top edges of the alluminium shoes probably need a bit of filing. Just the 5 or 6 mm that are in line with the aluminium edges.
    This creates a tad more space between the slide and the shoe, which allows the slide release lever to function propers.

Hard to describe in laymans terms, but I can explain more, should there be need be.
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?