Just for the record, I do like the look of this Alecto, apart from the palm shelf, and the system it employs sounds interesting (I like the idea of two power levels), and as I said before, I will reserve judgement on the quality of it until it has reached the shops and been on sale for a while. It might be very good.

I only have two problems with Webleys, the first is that I would prefer them to be made in the UK, the second is that, being made in Turkey, it should be substantially cheaper than something vaguely similar made in Western Europe, even if the quality is high.

I know that other countries can turn out high quality goods, and I don't believe that anything made in the UK is automatically better than things made abroad, it's just that for reasons that I admit are partly sentimental and partly practical, I would like to see the UK retain a range of industries and skills, gunsmithing and airgun manufacturing being among many that I would like to preserve if possible.

I don't wish New Webley any ill-will, but I do hope they can consider making stuff in the UK again sometime.